CNN’s 2020 Democratic Debate, made it clear that the grassroots must be more active in informing the public on Medicare for All. The candidate or either running or ineffective explainers.
We must not cower on Medicare for All. It is existential for too many.
After watching the Democratic Debate last night I was very upset with all the candidates. I was most upset with the number two candidate on my list, Elizabeth Warren. She seemed so scared to use the word Medicare for All even as she is a signatory to the bill. Secondly, I was disappointed that Bernie has not turned the corner in the manner in which he sells Medicare for All. Repetition is great for the choir but there is a proven method to break out and no one has yet done it. It is time now.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Response to Medicare for All opponent who thinks the sick brought it on themselves
Many people do not want Medicare for All because they do not believe healthcare is a right and because they feel no responsibility for the sick who ‘brought it onto themselves’ according to them.
There is a sect in America that has a very individualistic streak. They have the false belief that they can do it all by themselves. They think any policy that is collective in nature is somehow an infringement on their freedom or on what they’ve worked for. They see policies like Social Security, Medicare, Medicare for All, or welfare as socialist policies that they should not have to pay for. Of course, their tune usually changes when they are the ones in need.
A caller to Politics Done Right recently tried to give a rationale for the above-mentioned tenets. He is not as bad as some who I have heard.
“I do have a problem with socialized medicine,” the caller said. “I don’t have a problem taking care of the person hit by the drunk driver. But I have a big problem taking care of the drunk driver.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.
- Stephanie Ruhle blast Republicans after they admit lying about the steal, CRT, and litter boxes
- REALLY? Fox News has a novel and condescendingly sexist message to get women to vote for Republicans
- Matthew Dowd nailed the election as if he was reading a crystal ball
- Fox News slams GOP: Voters said no thanks to the Republican alternative. They’ve indicted the Party.
- Clubs in Action via Humble Area Democrats canvass right up to this existential midterm.
- Billion-fueled Fascism is on the Nov. 8th Ballot
- I AGREE! Michael Moore says it is almost impossible for Democrats to lose the midterms — If …