The Democratic Debate was true to form, mostly devoid of substance everyday Americans could grab on to in a digestible manner. Failed moderators?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Democratic Debate changed nothing and so far an exercise in media incompetence.
Sadly, questions of real impact on Americans were never asked. Instead, the corporate media spent a lot of time trying to corner candidates to create soundbite clips intent on creating a pugilistic type campaign in the election going forward.
Today we discuss the debate in two parts. Kristin Arnold, President, QPC, Inc. & Rules Analyst for 2019-20 Presidential Debates will discuss the mechanics of the debate. Subsequently, I will give my not too kind take on not only the substance but the manipulation.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Elizabeth Warren didn’t ‘dodge’ anything in the Democratic Debate — she pledged to lower costs for middle-class families
Journalists are now obsessed with Elizabeth Warren’s flat-out refusal to answer their gotcha question about whether Medicare for All will require raising taxes on the middle class. “Warren dodges questions on middle-class tax hikes under ‘Medicare for All,'” screamed a CNBC headline Tuesday night, with similar headlines gracing the sites of Politico and Fox News.
Warren undoubtedly drew more scrutiny at Tuesday’s Democratic debate than any of her rivals, as she fended off attacks from the moderate-lane candidates such as former Vice President Joe Biden and Mayor Pete Buttigieg as well as the more entrepreneurial ones such as former Congressman Beto O’Rourke and Andrew Yang. By night’s end, Warren had clocked more time than any other candidate with 22:47, with Biden taking a distant second with 16:39. But the media criticism about Warren not answering their pet question on middle-class taxes is completely irrelevant if a candidate’s health care policy reduces the overall costs for middle-class taxpayers. And that’s exactly the pledge Warren made Tuesday night.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Rep. Jim Clyburn admonished Republicans. Tell the truth about the election. Stop hurting the country.
- Why Jan 6th attempted coup on the US should give legs to #DefundThePolice
- Are hunters really the biggest conservationists in America?
- What are ski resorts, gear makers, and professional skiers and snowboarders doing to fight global warming?
- Was there an environmentally positive impact from the coronavirus
- David Atwood: My thoughts about the underlying factors leading to January 6.
- The Equality Myth and Personal Respectability Myths
- Thomas Friedman’s recipe for Democrats would be fatal. He does not get it.
- Crooked pastor sentenced to 6yrs in prison. What about the other megachurch crooks?
- Stephanie Ruhle: Her story just made me think about privilege. Sad reality/truth.
- Some companies have funded sedition. So explains CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin on donation stoppage.
- Irresponsible Republican Politicians refuse masks when in lockdown, likely infecting colleagues.
- Katy Tur corners John Bolton: The lies & insurrection are not just Trump but Ted Cruz & others.
- Senator Tester makes it clear he could support Ted Cruz & Josh Hawley’s expulsion from Senate.
- 60 Minutes Republican-appeasing Leslie Stahl creates false equivalence in Nancy Pelosi interview
- Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, & the Sedition Cau; Bomb-throwers from the start.
- Message to Democrats: Help people fast. Advice to Joe Manchin (D-WV), stand down.
- Joe Manchin will do well to support the $2000 stimulus/relief as written lest his daughter’s EpiPen pilfer elevated
- A candid conversation with a white friend who discusses her racial prejudice
- Tiffany Cross nails it: Their American dream was our nightmare. This is as American as apple pie.