The Democratic Debate was true to form, mostly devoid of substance everyday Americans could grab on to in a digestible manner. Failed moderators?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Democratic Debate changed nothing and so far an exercise in media incompetence.
Sadly, questions of real impact on Americans were never asked. Instead, the corporate media spent a lot of time trying to corner candidates to create soundbite clips intent on creating a pugilistic type campaign in the election going forward.
Today we discuss the debate in two parts. Kristin Arnold, President, QPC, Inc. & Rules Analyst for 2019-20 Presidential Debates will discuss the mechanics of the debate. Subsequently, I will give my not too kind take on not only the substance but the manipulation.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Elizabeth Warren didn’t ‘dodge’ anything in the Democratic Debate — she pledged to lower costs for middle-class families
Journalists are now obsessed with Elizabeth Warren’s flat-out refusal to answer their gotcha question about whether Medicare for All will require raising taxes on the middle class. “Warren dodges questions on middle-class tax hikes under ‘Medicare for All,'” screamed a CNBC headline Tuesday night, with similar headlines gracing the sites of Politico and Fox News.
Warren undoubtedly drew more scrutiny at Tuesday’s Democratic debate than any of her rivals, as she fended off attacks from the moderate-lane candidates such as former Vice President Joe Biden and Mayor Pete Buttigieg as well as the more entrepreneurial ones such as former Congressman Beto O’Rourke and Andrew Yang. By night’s end, Warren had clocked more time than any other candidate with 22:47, with Biden taking a distant second with 16:39. But the media criticism about Warren not answering their pet question on middle-class taxes is completely irrelevant if a candidate’s health care policy reduces the overall costs for middle-class taxpayers. And that’s exactly the pledge Warren made Tuesday night.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- AOC defends Jamaal Bowman from fire alarm attack as she slams GOP hypocritical false equivalence
- Dem & GOP panelists agree GOP has no plans for average Americans as Trump mocks civil society.
- Rep. Mike Lawler on shutdown: ‘If you keep running lunatics, you are going to be in this position.’
- The Hunter Biden Impeachment story is DONE! AOC and Democrats made it a GOP embarrassment.
- Congress is failing families. Your budget informs us about your overall values.
- PDR Host Egberto Willies interviewed on The Devil’s Advocates Radio Show LIVE about engaging MAGA
- Jake Tapper ridicules Matt Gaetz: You’re “someone who is looking for clicks, likes, & Fox hits.”
- Former RNC Chair Michael Steele explains why the Republican debate was an embarrassing crap show.
- Miles Taylor on Trump supporters: We are living in a master class of silence and complicity
- Pete Buttigieg itemizes effects of a Republican shutdown but failed to point out media failure.
- Rep. Bowman knocks Sinema & Manchin for their complicity with Republicans to increase child poverty.
- MSNBC’s Joy-Ann Reid goes ballistic on mainstream media for the horrendous Biden vs. Trump coverage.
- Amanda Carpenter challenges General Milley’s statement in an article with a reality: Trump can win.
- Association of Flight Attendants Prez Sara Nelson nails the union message in Ali Velshi interview.
- Republican operative: McCarthy is dealing with people that are too stupid to be in Congress: More?
- Cori Bush schools GOP on oversight: Dings Trump: a white supremacist election overthrowing demagogue.
- Rep Ted Lieu forced GOP’s sham Garland judiciary hearing to highlight Trump as Jan 6 coup leader.
- EPIC WARNING: Fmr. GOP Operative Steve Schmidt excoriates McConnell & GOP and then …
- A contentious debate on men having no say in the control of a woman’s body, irrespective of baby-daddy.
- Fox News spins the GOP/Joe Manchin alliance that exploded child poverty as failed Biden policies.