The Democratic Debate was true to form, mostly devoid of substance everyday Americans could grab on to in a digestible manner. Failed moderators?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Democratic Debate changed nothing and so far an exercise in media incompetence.
Sadly, questions of real impact on Americans were never asked. Instead, the corporate media spent a lot of time trying to corner candidates to create soundbite clips intent on creating a pugilistic type campaign in the election going forward.
Today we discuss the debate in two parts. Kristin Arnold, President, QPC, Inc. & Rules Analyst for 2019-20 Presidential Debates will discuss the mechanics of the debate. Subsequently, I will give my not too kind take on not only the substance but the manipulation.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Elizabeth Warren didn’t ‘dodge’ anything in the Democratic Debate — she pledged to lower costs for middle-class families
Journalists are now obsessed with Elizabeth Warren’s flat-out refusal to answer their gotcha question about whether Medicare for All will require raising taxes on the middle class. “Warren dodges questions on middle-class tax hikes under ‘Medicare for All,'” screamed a CNBC headline Tuesday night, with similar headlines gracing the sites of Politico and Fox News.
Warren undoubtedly drew more scrutiny at Tuesday’s Democratic debate than any of her rivals, as she fended off attacks from the moderate-lane candidates such as former Vice President Joe Biden and Mayor Pete Buttigieg as well as the more entrepreneurial ones such as former Congressman Beto O’Rourke and Andrew Yang. By night’s end, Warren had clocked more time than any other candidate with 22:47, with Biden taking a distant second with 16:39. But the media criticism about Warren not answering their pet question on middle-class taxes is completely irrelevant if a candidate’s health care policy reduces the overall costs for middle-class taxpayers. And that’s exactly the pledge Warren made Tuesday night.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Joe Scarborough slams his old party: Wanna know why this is happening? It’s the Republicans!
- Journalist admits that capitalism is a failure for critical stuff but still blames the government?
- Media freak-out over the MYTHICAL CENTER fall in Pennsylvania. Neo-con and neo-liberal FAIL!
- Chou Surges, Briones Backpedals After Racist Hit Piece Upends Campaign
- Bush’s Freudian Slip: Similarities between Iraq & Ukraine wars with nonchalance coy disregard.
- PA Senate Candidate said Trump does not own MAGA: It’s Trump who adopted our MAGA values.
- My message to those who believe challenging the fallibility of the West is a war on the West.
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock
- Jen Psaki dispatched two reporters trying to ding the president for calling some Republicans ULTRA MAGA
- Analysis by Fareed Zakaria: Blue America is Western Europe. Red America is Saudi Arabia & Nigeria.
- Jake Tapper grills MS Gov. on Roe overturn: Given your track record why should people believe you?
- Mallory McMorrow has a winning Democratic message for the next election. Lean in!