The Democratic Debate was true to form, mostly devoid of substance everyday Americans could grab on to in a digestible manner. Failed moderators?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Democratic Debate changed nothing and so far an exercise in media incompetence.
Sadly, questions of real impact on Americans were never asked. Instead, the corporate media spent a lot of time trying to corner candidates to create soundbite clips intent on creating a pugilistic type campaign in the election going forward.
Today we discuss the debate in two parts. Kristin Arnold, President, QPC, Inc. & Rules Analyst for 2019-20 Presidential Debates will discuss the mechanics of the debate. Subsequently, I will give my not too kind take on not only the substance but the manipulation.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Elizabeth Warren didn’t ‘dodge’ anything in the Democratic Debate — she pledged to lower costs for middle-class families
Journalists are now obsessed with Elizabeth Warren’s flat-out refusal to answer their gotcha question about whether Medicare for All will require raising taxes on the middle class. “Warren dodges questions on middle-class tax hikes under ‘Medicare for All,'” screamed a CNBC headline Tuesday night, with similar headlines gracing the sites of Politico and Fox News.
Warren undoubtedly drew more scrutiny at Tuesday’s Democratic debate than any of her rivals, as she fended off attacks from the moderate-lane candidates such as former Vice President Joe Biden and Mayor Pete Buttigieg as well as the more entrepreneurial ones such as former Congressman Beto O’Rourke and Andrew Yang. By night’s end, Warren had clocked more time than any other candidate with 22:47, with Biden taking a distant second with 16:39. But the media criticism about Warren not answering their pet question on middle-class taxes is completely irrelevant if a candidate’s health care policy reduces the overall costs for middle-class taxpayers. And that’s exactly the pledge Warren made Tuesday night.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- False equivalences cause harm. Bill Maher irresponsibly used New Rules to slap the left about COVID
- BINGO! Panelist changed question. He scolded America’s willful denial of its white supremacist start
- Marjorie Taylor Greene scraps planned launch of controversial ‘America First’ caucus amid blowback from GOP – CNNPolitics
- Jen Psaki schools reporter wanting black Ambassador gone for owning our white supremacist genesis
- He did not comply, had a gun, threatened cops, drove off, wasn’t shot, is white. He lived!
- White Anti-Mask Driver Flees, Hits Cop ‘Hanging’ From Truck w/Hammer in Minnesota, And Isn’t Shot
- Appearance on Univision discussing Houston Peace & Justice Center & Black History Month
- How to talk to a Right-Wing friend who seems to want to prove you wrong.
- Mike Collier is not wasting any time in defeating Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick. At Last!
- Forward the GOP white brigade
- Activist decimates American policing as a systemic problem fatal to black & brown bodies by design.
- MUST WATCH: Jake Tapper slams Right, their ‘bumbling treasonous fools’ CW generals worship, & more
- Black Army Lt. pulled over, terrorized, and beaten even though police knew he’d done nothing wrong
- What exactly is “climate feminism?
- What are the environmental pros and cons of so many of us relying on GPS apps
- Jen Psaki civilly lays waste to reporter as she schools him on Americans’ infrastructure wants
- Stephanie Ruhle keeps voter suppression in the forefront as guest dispels Right-Wing lies
- Obscene income inequality & wealth disparity is exposed as the pandemic shows how it has expanded
- Like mafia bosses, GOP tells donors they’ll tell Trump they are defectors if they don’t give monthly.
- Stephanie Kelton: Biden & Progressives can go bigger, but they must understand MMT & inflation