Three segments today: More exciting than expected Dem Debate. Lawrence O’Donnell checked Donny Deutsch’s Elizabeth Warren diss. Paul Zeitz talks about his “Build a Movement 2020.”
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Democratic Debate, intellectual dishonesty, and movements
I enjoyed the debate much more than I thought I would. Elizabeth Warren exceeded my expectations. We should expect nothing from any politicians. We should demand that they fulfill the words they articulate. Doing so with Warren or Sanders will be good for America.
The second segment discusses the dissing some want to give Elizabeth Warren. Lawrence O’Donnell called out Donny Deutsch for his condescension.
Build a Movement 2020 Discusses the movement that covers from climate change, to social justice, to racial justice, to criminal justice.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
- Trump’s federal budget deficit skyrocketed to $207.8 billion in the month of May. “The gap between the amount the government takes in and spends came in at $207.8 billion last month, and the Treasury Department said Wednesday, nearly 42% higher than a year earlier. The increase happened in part because of June 1 falling on a Saturday, a non-business day, meaning some benefit payments were made earlier than usual,” the report said.
TruthOut: Want to Be a Principled Billionaire? Stop Being a Billionaire.
MacKenzie Bezos, the ex-wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, has signed the “Giving Pledge,” promising to donate at least half of the fortune she received after her separation from Jeff to charity. This is many billions more than the $2 billion Jeff, literally the richest person in the world, has pledged to give to charity. It’s also not nearly enough.
Big Philanthropy is simply plutocracy, “an exercise of power by the wealthy that is unaccountable, non-transparent, donor-directed, perpetual, and tax-subsidized,” Stanford professor Rob Reich, one of the faculty directors of the university’s Center for Ethics in Society, told The Atlantic. But let’s give Bezos, like we give Bill and Melinda Gates, the benefit of the doubt: Let’s believe that she’s a humanitarian, and that she’s trying to help humanity. Then why isn’t she giving more?
It’s true that half of $37 billion is more money than I’ll ever give to charity in my life, and that I’m unlikely to donate half my net worth anytime soon. But I’m not a capitalist; I don’t exploit workers; and I’m not a billionaire. Statistically speaking, none of us are. Billionaires are simply illogical. Money loses coherency at that level — not to mention numbers themselves.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- AOC defends Jamaal Bowman from fire alarm attack as she slams GOP hypocritical false equivalence
- Dem & GOP panelists agree GOP has no plans for average Americans as Trump mocks civil society.
- Rep. Mike Lawler on shutdown: ‘If you keep running lunatics, you are going to be in this position.’
- The Hunter Biden Impeachment story is DONE! AOC and Democrats made it a GOP embarrassment.
- Congress is failing families. Your budget informs us about your overall values.
- PDR Host Egberto Willies interviewed on The Devil’s Advocates Radio Show LIVE about engaging MAGA
- Jake Tapper ridicules Matt Gaetz: You’re “someone who is looking for clicks, likes, & Fox hits.”
- Former RNC Chair Michael Steele explains why the Republican debate was an embarrassing crap show.
- Miles Taylor on Trump supporters: We are living in a master class of silence and complicity
- Pete Buttigieg itemizes effects of a Republican shutdown but failed to point out media failure.
- Rep. Bowman knocks Sinema & Manchin for their complicity with Republicans to increase child poverty.
- MSNBC’s Joy-Ann Reid goes ballistic on mainstream media for the horrendous Biden vs. Trump coverage.
- Amanda Carpenter challenges General Milley’s statement in an article with a reality: Trump can win.
- Association of Flight Attendants Prez Sara Nelson nails the union message in Ali Velshi interview.
- Republican operative: McCarthy is dealing with people that are too stupid to be in Congress: More?
- Cori Bush schools GOP on oversight: Dings Trump: a white supremacist election overthrowing demagogue.
- Rep Ted Lieu forced GOP’s sham Garland judiciary hearing to highlight Trump as Jan 6 coup leader.
- EPIC WARNING: Fmr. GOP Operative Steve Schmidt excoriates McConnell & GOP and then …
- A contentious debate on men having no say in the control of a woman’s body, irrespective of baby-daddy.
- Fox News spins the GOP/Joe Manchin alliance that exploded child poverty as failed Biden policies.