Rules Analyst Kristin Arnold appears with us again to discuss the upcoming Democratic Debate sponsored by CNN and The Des Moines Register. She surely has Wolf Blitzer in her crosshairs.
The upcoming Democratic Debate will be interesting.
Kristin made three prescient points.
- Good News: The field has narrowed to FIVE candidates
- Bad News: TV ratings continue to plummet.
- So: CNN called in Wolf Blitzer to the rescue!
But there is more. Kristin says that even though Blitzer has moderated six Presidential debates, his reputation is rather erratic: He’s either “fully in charge” (5th RNC 2016) or “cedes control” (10th RNC 2016). He also likes to create controversy. Well, Kristin is with us layout how they play the game. This rule analyst will rule.
Who is Kristin Arnold?
Kristin Arnold, MBA, CSP, CPF Master is President, QPC, Inc. is a Rules Analyst for the 2019-20 Presidential Debates, High Stakes Meeting Facilitator, a Professional Panel Moderator, an Award-Winning Author, and the Past President of the National Speakers Association.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Should be a democratic win
‘See? Not Radical’: New Poll Shows Nearly Two-Thirds of Americans Support a Wealth Tax to Fund Universal Programs
“It’s simple. The majority of Americans believe that we should tax the rich. It is not just a left-wing democratic thing.
Supporters of a wealth tax to combat persistent economic inequality in the U.S. pointed to recent polling by Reuters/Ipsos showing that nearly two-thirds of respondents support taxing the rich at higher rates to support programs that would benefit all Americans.
Sixty-four percent of respondents said they either strongly or “somewhat” agreed with the statement, “The very rich should contribute an extra share of their total wealth each year to support public programs.”
The sentiment found support across race, gender, and income demographics as well as from across the political spectrum. Seventy-seven percent of Democrats agreed that the rich should be taxed at a higher rate, while 53% of Republicans agreed.
Meanwhile, 54% of the poll’s 4,441 respondents disagreed with a contrasting statement, that “the very rich should be allowed to keep the money they have, even if that means increasing inequality.”
“See? Not radical,” tweeted Michael Sayman, a young millionaire and Google executive who has expressed support for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the 2020 Democratic primary and has called on the government to “tax the hell out of me” to help support working Americans.
While some centrist Democrats running in the primary have dismissed wealth tax proposals as unrealistic, the plans put forward by the Vermont senator and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) are not far off from the tax structures which existed in the U.S. for much of the 20th century.
In 2018, the overall tax rate for the 400 wealthiest Americans was just 23%, compared with 70% in 1950 and 47% in 1980.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Workers now have the upper hand. And that is the way it should be going forward.
- Joe Biden disregards unhinged unemployment report MSM GOP narrative
- Republicans urging Republicans to vote Democratic in 2022 and 2024
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Texas administrator heard forcing teachers to teach alternative history to students.
- Fareed Zakaria: Why Build Back Better and not tariffs is better for the American worker.
- The other BIG LIE: General uses GPS Fareed Zakaria to scare Americans to increase defense spending.
- Semi-DINO Manchin complains about Schumer justifiably slamming GOP debt ceiling hostage-taking.
- Watch Joe Biden disregard the unhinged unemployment report mainstream media GOP negative narrative
- The message about Van Jones, Carlos Watson, & Sage Steele only Tiffany Cross had the ovaries to say
- Bernie Sanders goes ballistic on Joe Manchin: Stop holding Prez, 48 Senators, & Americans hostage.
- MSNBC Host slams Republican Senator: I hear you acknowledge the hypocrisy of your party (The Republican Party).
- Al Franken on Republicans: We have to be as ruthless. We have to be stone-cold killers.
- This MNSBC Host, Tiffany Cross dissed Stephanie Grisham’s Trump tell-all book. Failing up.
- Mainstream media ex-reporter acknowledged being used by Right-Wing: GOP is a criminal enterprise.
- It’s not the Democrats. It’s the media that is screwing up the Build Back Better message.
- Deluded Editorial: Democrats will thank Joe Manchin for protecting them from Progressive excess. NOT!
- Senator from the poorest state insults his own constituents. Joe Manchin: ‘Entitlement mentality’
- General Milley completely embarrassed grandstanding GOP Congressman on the China call. IE: BRING IT ON!
- Katie Porter points out these are Biden’s Bills. Progressive, be clear: TWO BILLS or NO BILLS.
- A Democrat adopts a dangerous Republican talking point. To whom is your loyalty? People or Autocrats.