Call: (646) 716-5812 – “Facebook LIVE” – Live stream: BlogTalkRadio (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: January 10th, 2020
LIKE our Facebook page, SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel and Become a Patron.
Rules Analyst Kristin Arnold appears with us again to discuss the upcoming Democratic Debate sponsored by CNN and The Des Moines Register. She surely has Wolf Blitzer in her crosshairs.
The upcoming Democratic Debate will be interesting.
Kristin made three prescient points.
- Good News: The field has narrowed to FIVE candidates
- Bad News: TV ratings continue to plummet.
- So: CNN called in Wolf Blitzer to the rescue!
But there is more. Kristin says that even though Blitzer has moderated six Presidential debates, his reputation is rather erratic: He’s either “fully in charge” (5th RNC 2016) or “cedes control” (10th RNC 2016). He also likes to create controversy. Well, Kristin is with us layout how they play the game. This rule analyst will rule.
Who is Kristin Arnold?
Kristin Arnold, MBA, CSP, CPF Master is President, QPC, Inc. is a Rules Analyst for the 2019-20 Presidential Debates, High Stakes Meeting Facilitator, a Professional Panel Moderator, an Award-Winning Author, and the Past President of the National Speakers Association.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Should be a democratic win
‘See? Not Radical’: New Poll Shows Nearly Two-Thirds of Americans Support a Wealth Tax to Fund Universal Programs
“It’s simple. The majority of Americans believe that we should tax the rich. It is not just a left-wing democratic thing.
Supporters of a wealth tax to combat persistent economic inequality in the U.S. pointed to recent polling by Reuters/Ipsos showing that nearly two-thirds of respondents support taxing the rich at higher rates to support programs that would benefit all Americans.
Sixty-four percent of respondents said they either strongly or “somewhat” agreed with the statement, “The very rich should contribute an extra share of their total wealth each year to support public programs.”
The sentiment found support across race, gender, and income demographics as well as from across the political spectrum. Seventy-seven percent of Democrats agreed that the rich should be taxed at a higher rate, while 53% of Republicans agreed.
Meanwhile, 54% of the poll’s 4,441 respondents disagreed with a contrasting statement, that “the very rich should be allowed to keep the money they have, even if that means increasing inequality.”
“See? Not radical,” tweeted Michael Sayman, a young millionaire and Google executive who has expressed support for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the 2020 Democratic primary and has called on the government to “tax the hell out of me” to help support working Americans.
While some centrist Democrats running in the primary have dismissed wealth tax proposals as unrealistic, the plans put forward by the Vermont senator and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) are not far off from the tax structures which existed in the U.S. for much of the 20th century.
In 2018, the overall tax rate for the 400 wealthiest Americans was just 23%, compared with 70% in 1950 and 47% in 1980.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- GREAT MOVE: Watch Biden smartly use Obamacare in his speech to expand the base in rural areas.
- Joy-Ann Reid calls out Silicon Valley Bank Libertarians for being fans of Socialism now.
- Big Pharma charges $189,000 for a 100% taxpayer-funded drug. No to Fed Rate hike. We need a cut.
- Many banks are unsustainable frauds. Here is how we fix it once and for all.
- Priorities USA chair Guy Cecil on Democrats: We create caricatures out of our voters.
- Michael Steele’s commentary on MAGA, Trump, and Carlson has better be understood.
- Banks prove our system is an unsustainable fraud. Homelessness is a product of our economic system.
- Rep. Jamie Raskin gave a slamming answer to Tucker Carlson’s fraudulent Jan 6 video.
- Ed Markey grills Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw, who refused to say he’ll make East Palestine whole.
- Media Matters’ CEO & Jason Johnson gets it! Fox News is masquerading as news & GOP’s terror front.
- Mujer de Kingwood e hijos: víctimas del odio LGBTQ de bandidos vecindarios y la apatía policial
- Kingwood, Texas woman & her sons were victims of LGBTQ hate from neighborhood thugs & police apathy.
- Stop the false narrative. It was necessary, but it is a bailout.
- Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage: His story’s an example of why Traditional Medicare is the best choice.
- Rep. Jolanda Jones on TEA HISD takeover. Derailments persist as lobbyist work. Capitalism confidence.
- Katie Porter slams politicians who relaxed regulations that caused the Silicon Valley Bank collapse.
- Elizabeth Warren blames the Silicon Valley Bank crash on a superb failure of politicians and …
- Conservative operative destroys CPAC & MAGA: Professional Grassroots Huckster Wing of the GOP.
- Silicon Valley Bank bunch, they’re Libertarians till they need a government bailout, aka Socialism.
- Stop the false narrative. It was necessary, but it is a bailout. Is Big pharma getting scared?