Rules Analyst Kristin Arnold appears with us again to discuss the upcoming Democratic Debate sponsored by CNN and The Des Moines Register. She surely has Wolf Blitzer in her crosshairs.
The upcoming Democratic Debate will be interesting.
Kristin made three prescient points.
- Good News: The field has narrowed to FIVE candidates
- Bad News: TV ratings continue to plummet.
- So: CNN called in Wolf Blitzer to the rescue!
But there is more. Kristin says that even though Blitzer has moderated six Presidential debates, his reputation is rather erratic: He’s either “fully in charge” (5th RNC 2016) or “cedes control” (10th RNC 2016). He also likes to create controversy. Well, Kristin is with us layout how they play the game. This rule analyst will rule.
Who is Kristin Arnold?
Kristin Arnold, MBA, CSP, CPF Master is President, QPC, Inc. is a Rules Analyst for the 2019-20 Presidential Debates, High Stakes Meeting Facilitator, a Professional Panel Moderator, an Award-Winning Author, and the Past President of the National Speakers Association.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Should be a democratic win
‘See? Not Radical’: New Poll Shows Nearly Two-Thirds of Americans Support a Wealth Tax to Fund Universal Programs
“It’s simple. The majority of Americans believe that we should tax the rich. It is not just a left-wing democratic thing.
Supporters of a wealth tax to combat persistent economic inequality in the U.S. pointed to recent polling by Reuters/Ipsos showing that nearly two-thirds of respondents support taxing the rich at higher rates to support programs that would benefit all Americans.
Sixty-four percent of respondents said they either strongly or “somewhat” agreed with the statement, “The very rich should contribute an extra share of their total wealth each year to support public programs.”
The sentiment found support across race, gender, and income demographics as well as from across the political spectrum. Seventy-seven percent of Democrats agreed that the rich should be taxed at a higher rate, while 53% of Republicans agreed.
Meanwhile, 54% of the poll’s 4,441 respondents disagreed with a contrasting statement, that “the very rich should be allowed to keep the money they have, even if that means increasing inequality.”
“See? Not radical,” tweeted Michael Sayman, a young millionaire and Google executive who has expressed support for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the 2020 Democratic primary and has called on the government to “tax the hell out of me” to help support working Americans.
While some centrist Democrats running in the primary have dismissed wealth tax proposals as unrealistic, the plans put forward by the Vermont senator and Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) are not far off from the tax structures which existed in the U.S. for much of the 20th century.
In 2018, the overall tax rate for the 400 wealthiest Americans was just 23%, compared with 70% in 1950 and 47% in 1980.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- These ‘STRONG MEN’ are at the heights of Republican hypocrisy amid their ongoing support for Trump.
- Philadelphia DA, Larry Krasner: Democrats have the answer to crime Republican policy fails
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.
- Stephanie Ruhle blast Republicans after they admit lying about the steal, CRT, and litter boxes
- REALLY? Fox News has a novel and condescendingly sexist message to get women to vote for Republicans
- Matthew Dowd nailed the election as if he was reading a crystal ball
- Fox News slams GOP: Voters said no thanks to the Republican alternative. They’ve indicted the Party.
- Clubs in Action via Humble Area Democrats canvass right up to this existential midterm.