The Democratic Debate at Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas should be substantive now that we have the big three all on one stage. Here is what I want to hear.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I want true supporters of Medicare for All at the Democratic Debate to call out the evil of those who know better but will instill fear.
Medicare for All is a hard sell because of how good it really is. People just cannot believe that it is not yet another empty promise. I want a candidate to take command of the stage and ask Americans to remember their high school math and also remember that most of the rest of the industrial world is more healthy than us. And their people are not going bankrupt.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is a listener-supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Mike Collier is not wasting any time in defeating Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick. At Last!
- Forward the GOP white brigade
- Activist decimates American policing as a systemic problem fatal to black & brown bodies by design.
- MUST WATCH: Jake Tapper slams Right, their ‘bumbling treasonous fools’ CW generals worship, & more
- Black Army Lt. pulled over, terrorized, and beaten even though police knew he’d done nothing wrong
- What exactly is “climate feminism?
- What are the environmental pros and cons of so many of us relying on GPS apps
- Jen Psaki civilly lays waste to reporter as she schools him on Americans’ infrastructure wants
- Stephanie Ruhle keeps voter suppression in the forefront as guest dispels Right-Wing lies
- Obscene income inequality & wealth disparity is exposed as the pandemic shows how it has expanded
- Like mafia bosses, GOP tells donors they’ll tell Trump they are defectors if they don’t give monthly.
- Stephanie Kelton: Biden & Progressives can go bigger, but they must understand MMT & inflation
- Do not buy the hype. Colorado is no voter suppression state like Georgia.
- Reporter attempts to blame MLB economic impact to Georgia on Biden. Jen Psaki made her look silly
- Progressive hero Rep Katie Porter even with an on-air sneeze demands Biden honors promise to women
- Vote suppression: the GOP national pastime
- Jake Tapper lets the Mississippi Governor spin infrastructure bill lies. We correct the record.
- WOW! Chuck Todd called out Republican failure on the infrastructure bill. The tax cut was a failure
- Roland Martin slams Evangelicals’ Matt Gaetz silence on Cross Connection: “They’re fake Christians.”
- OUR TONE IS NOT CHANGING! WH Press Secretary Jen Psaki cuts the legs from a disingenuous reporter