Maysoon Zayid visited with us to discuss her bold views on Palestine, disability rights and much more. Her new Audiobook “Find Another Dream” is ready for all to hear.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Actress and Comedian Maysoon Zayid did not disappoint with her frank in your face commentary.
“Find Another Dream” is the Maysoon Zayid heavily self-centered comedic memoir. Zayid takes the audience on her crooked journey from being born to immigrant parents in the great state of New Jersey to tap-dancing on Broadway. The book explores scenes of disability, living with Cerebral Palsy, bullying, love, loss, and bigotry all told through the lens of comedy. If your dream turns into a nightmare, find another dream.
On October 18th, Jane Fonda presented Maysoon Zayid with an award at the Women’s Media Awards along with Gayle King, Julie K. Brown and Zerlina Maxwell in NYC.
Maysoon can currently be seen on ABC’s General Hospital. She is known to most as a full-time contributor on Keith Olberman’s show Countdown. She has appeared on 60 Minutes, 20/20, CNN, ABC News, and Al Jazeera, often talking about comedy, bullying, Islam, comedy, disability, and pop culture.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Sanders Campaign Calls on Biden—and All 2020 Democrats—to Reject Any Help From Shadowy Super PACs
Reporting on Thursday morning by CNN that allies of Joe Biden’s bid for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination are pushing for the creation of a new super PAC to promote his candidacy prompted a cutting response from the Bernie Sanders campaign, which is funded almost entirely by small-dollar donors.
“Let’s be clear,” Sanders campaign manager Faiz Shakir said in a statement Thursday, “super PACs exist for one reason and one reason only: to help billionaires and corporations bankroll a presidential campaign with unlimited amounts of money, in exchange for favors.”
Shakir called for Biden and all the Democrats in the primary to reject super PACs.
“Every Democratic candidate should forcefully reject any help from super PACs,” said Shakir, “and they should tell their supporters and surrogates to stop engaging with super PACs that aim to buy elections and undermine our democracy.”
As numbers from the third quarter show, Biden has struggled to raise money in recent months and has less than $9 million cash on hand—an amount dwarfed by Sanders’ $33.7 million warchest. That deficit, reports CNN, has some of the former vice president’s supporters looking to start a super PAC to prop up the campaign, despite Biden’s pledge not to work with such a committee.
“Biden allies are pushing for a super PAC so that a few millionaires and billionaires can have MORE influence in the Democratic primary,” tweeted journalist Krystal Ball.
According to CNN, 38% of Biden’s support comes from maxed out donors who have already hit the legal limit on donations to help the former vice president’s campaign.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Gov. Chris Christie slams Trump as a post-2020 election untethered self that’s killing GOP right now.
- Watch Obama scorch, Herschel Walker- Georgia, elect Raphael Warnock. Tired is no excuse!
- Irresponsible Senators Ted Cruz & Lindsey Graham puts our military at risk with their vaccine stance.
- Sexist reporter mic-dropped by New Zealand PM at presser between two young female Prime Ministers
- SHAME! Executive & Congress may sacrifice rail workers to further enrich corporate America.
- Adam Kinzinger does not think Kevin McCarthy will last as Speaker of the House.
- We willfully submit ourselves to the new bondage, antiseptic slavery.
- A fed-up Arkansas Governor, Asa Hutchinson, throws Donald Trump under the bus.
- Watch Chuck Todd ding GOP Rep. James Comer with inconvenient facts as he bloviated about crime.
- These ‘STRONG MEN’ are at the heights of Republican hypocrisy amid their ongoing support for Trump.
- Philadelphia DA, Larry Krasner: Democrats have the answer to crime Republican policy fails
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.