There is some intersectionality between the two topics covered today, Collaborative Democracy and the Tribalization of America. Understanding it is understanding America.
Ted Howard and Ian Reifowitz, two progressives promoting and making change in our democracy.
Professor and author Ian Reifowitz discusses his new book “The Tribalization of Politics: How Rush Limbaugh’s race-baiting rhetoric on the Obama presidency paved the way for Trump.
Ted Howard, President of The Democracy Collaborative, talks about how the middle-class can survive the extractive nature of our economic system.
We must fight for our Democracy
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Rising Number of Democrats Say Sanders Most Likely to Beat Trump as Senator Surpasses Biden in Black Voter Support
“The Reuters/Ipsos national polling results were released ahead of the 2020 Democratic presidential primary debate in South Carolina.”
Support for Sen. Bernie Sanders among Democrats and African-American voters is growing, according to the latest Reuters/Ipsos national polling results, which were released before Tuesday night’s Democratic presidential primary debate in South Carolina.
The poll, conducted Feb.19-25, found (pdf) that a rising number of Democrats believe Sanders (I-Vt.) has the best chance of beating President Donald Trump in November.
While that question was not asked of registered Republicans, a plurality of all other respondents (26%) said Sanders is “most likely” to beat Trump in the general election, compared with 20% who said billionaire businessman and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, 19% who said they “don’t know,” and 17% who said former Vice President Joe Biden.
Among registered Democratic voters, 29% selected Sanders as most likely to defeat the president compared with 21% who chose Bloomberg, 20% who named Biden, and 14% who said they “don’t know.” All the Democratic candidates except Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) were listed.
As Reuters noted Wednesday, “That was a big change from a month earlier, when 27% of respondents gave Biden the edge, and just 17% thought Sanders could beat Trump.”
The results follow Sanders’ decisive victory in the Nevada caucuses last Saturday that solidified his status as the frontrunner in the race—and has caused his fellow candidates and the corporate media to ramp up attacks on the democratic socialist, including during and after Tuesday’s debate.
The debate in South Carolina came ahead of the state’s primary this coming Saturday—which will be the nation’s fourth nominating contest and will come just ahead of Super Tuesday next week, when Democrats in over a dozen states will weigh in on the primary race.
As of Wednesday morning, RealClearPolitics’ polling average showed Sanders with a national double-digit lead of 29.2% support compared with Biden at 18% and Bloomberg at 14.4%. In South Carolina, where Bloomberg is not competing, Biden led at 30.3% support compared with Sanders at 22.3%, according to RCP.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.
- Stephanie Ruhle blast Republicans after they admit lying about the steal, CRT, and litter boxes
- REALLY? Fox News has a novel and condescendingly sexist message to get women to vote for Republicans
- Matthew Dowd nailed the election as if he was reading a crystal ball
- Fox News slams GOP: Voters said no thanks to the Republican alternative. They’ve indicted the Party.
- Clubs in Action via Humble Area Democrats canvass right up to this existential midterm.
- Billion-fueled Fascism is on the Nov. 8th Ballot
- I AGREE! Michael Moore says it is almost impossible for Democrats to lose the midterms — If …