Ted Howard, President of The Democracy Collaborative, talks about how the middle-class can survive the extractive nature of our economic system.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Democracy Collaborative’s Ted Howard has been walking the grassroots path for a very long time.
I interviewed Ted Howard, President, and Co-Founder of The Democracy Collaborative. It was a very inspiring interview that should give us all hope. I enjoyed the conversation so much so that we went over our time limit.
The Democracy Collaborative outlines the 7 principles that will fix our economy. Ted Howard and Marjorie Kelly recently co-wrote the book “The Making of a Democratic Economy: How to Build Prosperity for the Many, Not the Few” that explains it all with real-world examples.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Doctors, advocates call USCIS decision to end deportation relief for sick people a ‘death sentence’
Maria Isabel Bueso’s invitation to participate in a clinical trial when she was just seven years old has helped saved lives, including her own: The medication approved by the Food and Drug Administration as a result of that clinical trial has helped increased survival for others with her rare genetic disease by more than a decade. Nearly two decades after that trial, the U.S. is now telling her that she must leave the country within 33 days.
She’s among the patients who have been told by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that their medical deferred action, which gave them renewable relief from deportation while they received medical treatment for oftentimes life-threatening conditions, is ending. Cancer, cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis—it doesn’t matter. The administration is now telling them to get the hell out.
Bueso’s mom, attorney, and doctor all agree that the Trump administration’s decision is a “death sentence” for her and others. “Neither the drug nor the medical care that she requires is available in Guatemala,” The New York Times reports. “Without the drug, her health is expected to quickly deteriorate. Her breathing could become belabored; she could suffer cardiac arrest and become susceptible to infections.”
In another instance, 16-year-old Jonathan has been successfully undergoing treatment for cystic fibrosis for three years now. “Jonathan missed two years of school in Honduras because of his illness,” MassLive reported, but “in Boston, he has resumed school and gotten help from a tutor when he’s too sick to go to class.” Jonathan already lost his older sister, Samantha, to the same disease. Now this family fears he could be next. This is absolutely a death sentence.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Rep. Jayapal obliterates CNN’s Bash attempt to carry a ‘Hierarchy of Oppression’ Israeli narrative.
- Netanyahu defies Biden: He boasted about controlling US and going against US for ground invasion.
- GOP Staffer: Everybody should vote for Joe Biden if they want our Democracy to survive.
- Explanation of Medicare and why Medicare Advantage is a SCAM on all taxpayers.
- SAD: Family finds out that America may be just as violent & dangerous as Gaza.
- Chris Hayes points out some economic truths about inflation and more. Ignore the GOP narrative.
- A good cop agrees that good cops must call out bad cops to fix America’s bad cop problem.
- Amy McGrath GOP elevating their most embarrassing, arrogant ignorants puts our security at risk.
- Former GOP Senator all but called democracy the enemy because Americans love progressive policies.
- Michael Steele nails it on progressives protesting Israel’s actions in Gaza. Don’t blame TikTok.
- MEDICARE SCAM: 7 questions to ask before it’s too late to protect you from Medicare Advantage scams.
- SHOCKING /TELLING: Admin official is unable to deny Israel is committing war crimes in Gaza.
- This interview highlights the organic media bias in reporting the Israel-Hamas-Palestine conflict.
- Joe Manchin is to the Right of America and can’t win. Matthew Dowd & Simone Sanders nail it.
- WARNING TO DEMOCRATS: Univision will be the ‘Latinofied’ Fox News created by the Centrist vacuum.
- Maryland Gov. Wes Moore warns Manchin on 3rd party run: Don’t do something foolish to your legacy.
- Dana Bash calls out Israel’s U.N. Ambassador for denying Gaza’s humanitarian crisis they created.
- Jewish Senator Bernie Sanders admonishes Israel: STOP THE BOMBING! Two two-state solution’s a must.
- The censure of Rashida Tlaib is an attack on our freedom to think and express ourselves critically.
- Netanyahu lies: Gaza before & after satellite pictures say it all about the destruction & carnage.