Call: (646) 716-5812 – “Facebook LIVE” – Live stream: BlogTalkRadio (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: February 28th, 2020
LIKE our Facebook page, SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel and Become a Patron.
There is some intersectionality between the two topics covered today, Collaborative Democracy and the Tribalization of America. Understanding it is understanding America.
Ted Howard and Ian Reifowitz, two progressives promoting and making change in our democracy.
Professor and author Ian Reifowitz discusses his new book “The Tribalization of Politics: How Rush Limbaugh’s race-baiting rhetoric on the Obama presidency paved the way for Trump.
Ted Howard, President of The Democracy Collaborative, talks about how the middle-class can survive the extractive nature of our economic system.
We must fight for our Democracy
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Rising Number of Democrats Say Sanders Most Likely to Beat Trump as Senator Surpasses Biden in Black Voter Support
“The Reuters/Ipsos national polling results were released ahead of the 2020 Democratic presidential primary debate in South Carolina.”
Support for Sen. Bernie Sanders among Democrats and African-American voters is growing, according to the latest Reuters/Ipsos national polling results, which were released before Tuesday night’s Democratic presidential primary debate in South Carolina.
The poll, conducted Feb.19-25, found (pdf) that a rising number of Democrats believe Sanders (I-Vt.) has the best chance of beating President Donald Trump in November.
While that question was not asked of registered Republicans, a plurality of all other respondents (26%) said Sanders is “most likely” to beat Trump in the general election, compared with 20% who said billionaire businessman and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, 19% who said they “don’t know,” and 17% who said former Vice President Joe Biden.
Among registered Democratic voters, 29% selected Sanders as most likely to defeat the president compared with 21% who chose Bloomberg, 20% who named Biden, and 14% who said they “don’t know.” All the Democratic candidates except Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) were listed.
As Reuters noted Wednesday, “That was a big change from a month earlier, when 27% of respondents gave Biden the edge, and just 17% thought Sanders could beat Trump.”
Can Bernie Sanders beat Donald Trump? A growing number of Democratic voters say yes. @JosephAx reports https://t.co/yGJD5A9yU9 pic.twitter.com/ff4Ncgmvts— Reuters (@Reuters) February 26, 2020
The results follow Sanders’ decisive victory in the Nevada caucuses last Saturday that solidified his status as the frontrunner in the race—and has caused his fellow candidates and the corporate media to ramp up attacks on the democratic socialist, including during and after Tuesday’s debate.
The debate in South Carolina came ahead of the state’s primary this coming Saturday—which will be the nation’s fourth nominating contest and will come just ahead of Super Tuesday next week, when Democrats in over a dozen states will weigh in on the primary race.
As of Wednesday morning, RealClearPolitics’ polling average showed Sanders with a national double-digit lead of 29.2% support compared with Biden at 18% and Bloomberg at 14.4%. In South Carolina, where Bloomberg is not competing, Biden led at 30.3% support compared with Sanders at 22.3%, according to RCP.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Priorities USA chair Guy Cecil on Democrats: We create caricatures out of our voters.
- Michael Steele’s commentary on MAGA, Trump, and Carlson has better be understood.
- Banks prove our system is an unsustainable fraud. Homelessness is a product of our economic system.
- Rep. Jamie Raskin gave a slamming answer to Tucker Carlson’s fraudulent Jan 6 video.
- Ed Markey grills Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw, who refused to say he’ll make East Palestine whole.
- Media Matters’ CEO & Jason Johnson gets it! Fox News is masquerading as news & GOP’s terror front.
- Mujer de Kingwood e hijos: víctimas del odio LGBTQ de bandidos vecindarios y la apatía policial
- Kingwood, Texas woman & her sons were victims of LGBTQ hate from neighborhood thugs & police apathy.
- Stop the false narrative. It was necessary, but it is a bailout.
- Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage: His story’s an example of why Traditional Medicare is the best choice.
- Rep. Jolanda Jones on TEA HISD takeover. Derailments persist as lobbyist work. Capitalism confidence.
- Katie Porter slams politicians who relaxed regulations that caused the Silicon Valley Bank collapse.
- Elizabeth Warren blames the Silicon Valley Bank crash on a superb failure of politicians and …
- Conservative operative destroys CPAC & MAGA: Professional Grassroots Huckster Wing of the GOP.
- Silicon Valley Bank bunch, they’re Libertarians till they need a government bailout, aka Socialism.
- Stop the false narrative. It was necessary, but it is a bailout. Is Big pharma getting scared?
- Shouldn’t the Silicon Valley Bank transaction be called a bailout?
- Another big bailout! CEER Houston Director Stefania Tomaskovic on Environmental Justice.
- Political Activist/Organizer, David Cobb, discusses why our society is at a dangerous tipping point
- Alex Wagner exposes the MAGA cell phone company as WOKE cell phone companies rebranded.