Democrats and Progressives must fight the 2020 election from the county level to the state level to the national level on their terms. Let Trump bloviate on socialism vs. capitalism. They must talk about making the economy fair and moral.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Democrats and Progressives running for office from cities to counties to states to federal representation must fight on their terms. They must not allow Trump and the Republicans to dictate the narrative. It is not about socialism vs. capitalism.
Tell the American people what it will mean to elect them into offices. Be specific and tell them how you will do it. Progressives must stay on the offensive. Let Conservative politicians defend the tax-cut-scam, the tariffs, the environmental destruction, the world turmoil. Do not at anytime allow them to force you on the defensive because it is the policies since Ronald Reagan for which we have the results that need defending.
Independent: Uber shares tumble 7% on stock market debut: Uber’s much heralded debut on the New York Stock Exchange began with disappointment on Friday as its shares fell below an already reduced offering price. The taxi firm’s stock opened 7 per cent lower than planned at $42 after the opening bell on Wall Street, before beginning to climb as trading got underway. Still, that means Uber is worth around $80bn despite never having turned a profit and warning last month that it might never do so. Uber lost $3bn last year and $9bn since it was founded – large even by the standards of Silicon Valley tech startups. But it managed to pull off the third-largest US stock market float in history, behind only Facebook and Chinese e-commerce firm Alibaba. The share sale gives Uber another $8.1bn of cash to fund its global expansion plans. While the feat will no doubt be seen as a triumph for Uber, its valuation is a third lower than the $120bn that investment bankers had said the company was worth just last year. That was then lowered to $90bn when Uber last month and then $82bn earlier this week. A host of regulatory battles, increasing disquiet from drivers about pay and workers’ rights, along with doubts about the ability of ride-hailing firms to make money have lowered the hefty price tag. Uber’s closest rival Lyft has seen its shares tank since listing six weeks ago. Meanwhile, jitters about an intensifying trade battle between China and the US have prompted caution among investors.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Jake Tapper calls out 2 Republicans as liars & says violent insurrection now associated with GOP
- Tiffany Cross calls out Megyn Kelly’s attack on Naomi Osaka and a pattern of attacking Black Women.
- Angry racial-slur-obscenity-shouting Right-Winger called Progressive talk show host. Friends now?
- Ali Velshi urges Dems to disregard media pundits: Wrong then & now! Go hard on Jan 6th investigation
- Fox News’ Doocy’s question proved he’s ignorant of policy & science. Jen Psaki made him pay.
- Cincinnati Mayor: Ohio GOP passed largest Defund The Police ever. It’s Biden funding middle America.
- Rachel Maddow exasperated that the Republican 2024 frontrunner is a criminal surrounded by criminals.
- Liz Cheney supports Pelosi’s removal of Republicans & says McCarthy unqualified to be Speaker
- A disgusted Jen Psaki destroys reporter on vaccine dis-info, in effect, put up your data or shut up
- Rep. Ro Khanna justifiably slams the new billionaire space travel. Let’s end our gullibility!
- Day of Rage: How Trump Supporters Took the U.S. Capitol | Visual Investigations
- Congressman: “Donald Trump is a very dumb man. He could not have done this on his own.” EXACTLY!
- Why the Virgin Galactic “space” flight made me irate
- An inconvenient truth about Republican vs. Democratic legislation. Sen. Tim Kaine is right.
- Did CNN’s Dana Bash scold the Republican Senator? Tell Right-Wing Media to stop the misinformation.
- Democrats leaning into the progressive message. Victory will follow. Slam how-to-pay-for-it message!
- WH Reporter’s SILLY question gets a great answer from Jen Psaki: “The data speaks for itself.”
- Psaki slams Fox News Doocy: Our biggest concern should be yours too, how many people are dying.
- Sen. Tim Kaine uses McConnell’s attack to perfectly frame a winning Democratic message. EPIC!
- My rant on Cuba that too many would rather not hear but need to for our own sake.