Joe Scarborough hammering former Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper on whether he is a capitalist or if capitalism works should teach Democrats to start with the truth.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Joe Scarborough had former Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper on Morning Joe this morning. He asked the former governor a simple question several times. “Are you a capitalist?” Hickenlooper instead of saying yes or no he gave convoluted answers several times. In the end, he finally got it right.
The reality is that Democrats need to get their act together. They need to lead. They continue to allow Republicans to give them false choices, define them, or force them into failed conservative positions.
HuffPost: “Ilhan Omar Rips Obama’s ‘Really Bad Policies’ On Immigration, Drones” Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) warned that while Democrats have directed their ire at President Donald Trump and his policies, his predecessor Barack Obama should not avoid scrutiny. In a Politico magazine profile published Friday, Omar criticized the way Obama traded his campaign promise of “hope and change” for “bad” policies upon taking office, a common criticism of the former president from progressives. “We can’t be only upset with Trump. … His policies are bad, but many of the people who came before him also had really bad policies. They just were more polished than he was,” Omar said, citing Obama’s “droning of countries around the world.” “That’s not what we should be looking for anymore,” she continued. “We don’t want anybody to get away with murder because they are polished. We want to recognize the actual policies that are behind the pretty face and the smile.” Despite a high number of civilian casualties and criticism that his drone program lacked transparency, Obama had repeatedly defended the strikes.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Climate Change protests spur walkout of 100s of 1000s of students worldwide: The media yawn
- This TEA Party Activist proves that past the rhetoric, there is not much to offer.
- There’s Far More Diversity in Venezuela’s ‘Muzzled’ Media Than in US Corporate Press
- Democratic leadership needs to learn how to grandstand in the Trump era
- NYT Parrots US Propaganda on Hezbollah in Venezuela
- What is the so-called Forest Therapy?
- This Republican wants both Trump and Pence impeached. So is that a “Welcome Pelosi?”
- Progressive freshman Rep Katie Porter shows how to use a cable news interview to lead the narrative.
- Joy-Ann Reid puts Democratic Leadership timidity into perspective
- Or mandatory vasectomies?