Director/Editor/Cinematographer Steve Mims discuss his documentary “Run Like The Devil” which chronicles the Texas Senate race between Beto O’Rourke & Ted Cruz.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Texas Senate race between Beto O’Rourke and Ted Cruz is too close to call. At this stage of the game, everyone knows Ted Cruz. Beto O’Rourke is still not as well known. He visited all 254 Texas counties and as more people learn about him from the cities to the counties, his appeal grows. And this is reflected in the polls.
Because Ted Cruz is a known entity, his growth potential is limited. Beto O’Rourke has growth potential. He has masterfully defined himself before the Right was able to do so. Luckily, his effective grassroots campaign ensured he had both the money and bodies to do that.
Today, I am honored to have film director Steve Mims who created the documentary “Run Like A Devil” that chronicled the current state of this vibrant Senate race. His documentary is completely nonideological and it was a distinct pleasure to watch.
The work of commercial director and independent filmmaker Steve Mims has screened internationally. Starving the Beast documented the defunding and reform of public universities across America. His 2016 political ad “Please Re-elect Gerald” won numerous awards, including a Lone Star Emmy. Incendiary: The Willingham Case won the SXSW Louis Black Award, the Innocence Network Journalism Award, and the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty Media Award. Mims earned his bachelor’s degree at the University of Southern Mississippi and his master’s at the University of Texas at Austin.
After the discussion with Steve Mims, we will go to the Blog of the Week to have an interesting take on John McCain.
From the Newsfeed
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.
- Stephanie Ruhle blast Republicans after they admit lying about the steal, CRT, and litter boxes
- REALLY? Fox News has a novel and condescendingly sexist message to get women to vote for Republicans
- Matthew Dowd nailed the election as if he was reading a crystal ball
- Fox News slams GOP: Voters said no thanks to the Republican alternative. They’ve indicted the Party.
- Clubs in Action via Humble Area Democrats canvass right up to this existential midterm.
- Billion-fueled Fascism is on the Nov. 8th Ballot
- I AGREE! Michael Moore says it is almost impossible for Democrats to lose the midterms — If …