Director/Editor/Cinematographer Steve Mims discuss his documentary “Run Like The Devil” which chronicles the Texas Senate race between Beto O’Rourke & Ted Cruz.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Texas Senate race between Beto O’Rourke and Ted Cruz is too close to call. At this stage of the game, everyone knows Ted Cruz. Beto O’Rourke is still not as well known. He visited all 254 Texas counties and as more people learn about him from the cities to the counties, his appeal grows. And this is reflected in the polls.
Because Ted Cruz is a known entity, his growth potential is limited. Beto O’Rourke has growth potential. He has masterfully defined himself before the Right was able to do so. Luckily, his effective grassroots campaign ensured he had both the money and bodies to do that.
Today, I am honored to have film director Steve Mims who created the documentary “Run Like A Devil” that chronicled the current state of this vibrant Senate race. His documentary is completely nonideological and it was a distinct pleasure to watch.
The work of commercial director and independent filmmaker Steve Mims has screened internationally. Starving the Beast documented the defunding and reform of public universities across America. His 2016 political ad “Please Re-elect Gerald” won numerous awards, including a Lone Star Emmy. Incendiary: The Willingham Case won the SXSW Louis Black Award, the Innocence Network Journalism Award, and the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty Media Award. Mims earned his bachelor’s degree at the University of Southern Mississippi and his master’s at the University of Texas at Austin.
After the discussion with Steve Mims, we will go to the Blog of the Week to have an interesting take on John McCain.
From the Newsfeed
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Historian: No longer a cliche. Vote like your life depended on it because it does. Here’s Why!
- Republicans’ new voters turn out less while Democrats do the opposite. And that may swing midterm.
- Make America Great Again (MAGA) deconstructed and exposed as crap for most.
- Andrea Mitchell dings Sen. Mike Rounds on his recession lie with words from Republican economists.
- CNN acknowledged Biden’s long success list. Is MSM finally bucking the Right-Wing narrative?
- Fox News THEN & NOW! Shouldn’t they want Trump locked up now as they wanted Clinton then?
- Why are oil execs no different from the common thugs released on bond?
- Watch Fox News Host Maria Bartiromo exploded when former Trumpist Alan Dershowitz defended Biden.
- Watch Beto O’Rourke slam an Abbott-supporting heckler
- My listener’s $880 glasses devolved into this necessary healthcare rant.
- My listener’s ‘Defund Capitalism’ statement elicited this response. What are your thoughts?
- TX Gov. Greg Abbott basks in his evil deeds as NYC Mayor Eric Adams shows compassion to his victims.
- Fox News panel explodes as panelist points out that crime is higher in the Red States than in the Blue States.
- CNN interview between Sens. Blumenthal & Graham a disaster for Democrats. He should’ve said this.
- The FBI is raiding Donald Trump’s home at Mar-o-Lago. The alleged Criminal In Chief may pay now!
- Reporter: The more Trump wins, the more Republicans are poised to lose!
- Dem strategist on winning: GOP giving gifts. Message Republican Party as wacko party & then …￼
- Kansas defied polls, voted in droves, and protected women’s rights. WOMEN WON!
- Former CNN Host Rick Sanchez: An empowering message of professional rebirth after an unfair firing.
- Fmr GOP strategist: Fist-bumping Senators after denying healthcare shows a moral collapse of the GOP