Director/Editor/Cinematographer Steve Mims discuss his documentary “Run Like The Devil” which chronicles the Texas Senate race between Beto O’Rourke & Ted Cruz.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Texas Senate race between Beto O’Rourke and Ted Cruz is too close to call. At this stage of the game, everyone knows Ted Cruz. Beto O’Rourke is still not as well known. He visited all 254 Texas counties and as more people learn about him from the cities to the counties, his appeal grows. And this is reflected in the polls.
Because Ted Cruz is a known entity, his growth potential is limited. Beto O’Rourke has growth potential. He has masterfully defined himself before the Right was able to do so. Luckily, his effective grassroots campaign ensured he had both the money and bodies to do that.
Today, I am honored to have film director Steve Mims who created the documentary “Run Like A Devil” that chronicled the current state of this vibrant Senate race. His documentary is completely nonideological and it was a distinct pleasure to watch.
The work of commercial director and independent filmmaker Steve Mims has screened internationally. Starving the Beast documented the defunding and reform of public universities across America. His 2016 political ad “Please Re-elect Gerald” won numerous awards, including a Lone Star Emmy. Incendiary: The Willingham Case won the SXSW Louis Black Award, the Innocence Network Journalism Award, and the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty Media Award. Mims earned his bachelor’s degree at the University of Southern Mississippi and his master’s at the University of Texas at Austin.
After the discussion with Steve Mims, we will go to the Blog of the Week to have an interesting take on John McCain.
From the Newsfeed
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Establishment Democrats malign Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and millennials at their peril
- Houston Needs a Progressive Candidate for Mayor
- Went toe to toe a selfish millionaire who believes he is more worthy that workers
- Princeton Professor Eddie Glaude, Jr. points out the real problem with capitalism
- Paris Texas Liberal pastor’s Open Letter dares County Republicans ‘MAGA’
- Dictator Trump
- Elizabeth Warren must be defended like this by all Progressive bloggers
- Why Our World Seems Out of Control
- Why do Conservatives support politicians who put corporate profit over humanity?
- Moralizing Pastor’s Second Baptist Church hired pastor who preyed on teens