David Brooks wrote a piece a few weeks ago that has several points progressives should explore. Elon Musk’s tweet bleeds ‘tax the rich.’
Elon Musk proves that tax the rich is important
Politics Done Right Live weekdays @ 11:00 AM Central
Video Zoom: LINK — Live Calls: (346)248-7799 ID:254 0 9091
- U.S. Covid Deaths Get Even Redder: The partisan gap in Covid’s death toll has grown faster over the past month than at any previous point. As 2020 wound down, there were good reasons to believe that the death toll during the pandemic’s first year might have been worse in red America. There were also good reasons to think it might have been worse in blue America. Conservative areas tend to be older, less prosperous and more hostile to mask wearing, all of which can exacerbate the spread or severity of Covid-19. Liberal areas, for their part, are home both to more busy international airports and more Americans who suffer the health consequences of racial discrimination (h/t Charlie Lindahl).
- HOW THE BOBOS BROKE AMERICA: The creative class was supposed to foster progressive values and economic growth. Instead we got resentment, alienation, and endless political dysfunction. The dispossessed set out early in the mornings. They were the outsiders, the scorned, the voiceless. But weekend after weekend—unbowed and undeterred—they rallied together. They didn’t have much going for them in their great battle against the privileged elite, but they did have one thing—their yachts (h/t Thomas CZarnik aka Tom C).
- Elon Musk Twitter Stunt Offers ‘Best Argument Imaginable’ for Billionaire Tax, Critics Say: “Billionaires shouldn’t only have to pay taxes when they volunteer to do so.” Mega-billionaire Elon Musk’s latest stunt—a Twitter poll asking whether he should sell 10% of his Tesla stock—was accompanied by a candid admission of what progressives have long seen as a fundamental flaw of the U.S. tax system: For the super-rich, paying income taxes is effectively optional. After promising to abide by the results of his poll—which attracted more than 3.5 million votes and closed with 57.9% endorsing the sell-off—Musk noted that he does “not take a cash salary or bonuses from anywhere.”
Check out my books on our economic fraud, the necessity to engage the other side, and the creation of a real economy that serves us all. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to help us get to 100,000 subscribers. Help us deliver the progressive message widely by joining our YouTube channel.
If you like what we do, please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Share our blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber via Patreon here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber via Facebook here.
- Consider contributing here.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.