Meet Brianna Titone, a trans woman who won a very conservative Colorado district & JD Scholten, challenger of Iowa’s racist, misogynist, sexist Steve King.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Brianna Titone proves that if a politician listens to and talks to their constituents, they will win.
I enjoyed interviewing Brianna Titone at Netroots Nation 2019 because she is the exemplification of what many of us preach. Irrespective of who you are, engage and win. She won because her conservative district in the aggregate understood they would be well served by her. Titone, a trans woman was hesitant at first. Her Republican congressman dissed her, so she ran for the seat. She let it all hang out and won the district.
I also met JD Scholten who is running against disgraced congressman Steve King of Iowa. He was not sure about running then. Well a couple of weeks later, he is running.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Steve King’s ‘appalling and bizarre’ comments have his fellow Republicans worried, again
Looks like Republicans are worried about Rep. Steve King damaging their brand. Again. The latest cause for worry is King’s latest comments explaining that he doesn’t support rape or incest exceptions in his abortion bans because “What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?”
Rep. Liz Cheney, the third-ranking House Republican, put on her frowniest face for this:
Today’s comments by @RepSteveKingIA are appalling and bizarre. As I’ve said before, it’s time for him to go. The people of Iowa’s 4th congressional district deserve better.— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) August 14, 2019
Cheney previously said that King “should find another line of work” after he asked, “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization—how did that language become offensive?” So in case you were wondering where Cheney draws the line, it’s with overt defense of white supremacy and with “bizarre”—she’s not wrong there—comments about the role of rape and incest in human history. In other words, when King becomes too much of a PR headache for Republicans and when voters get a reminder that he is still in Congress as a Republican but that they have a chance to vote him out next year.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.
- Stephanie Ruhle blast Republicans after they admit lying about the steal, CRT, and litter boxes
- REALLY? Fox News has a novel and condescendingly sexist message to get women to vote for Republicans
- Matthew Dowd nailed the election as if he was reading a crystal ball
- Fox News slams GOP: Voters said no thanks to the Republican alternative. They’ve indicted the Party.
- Clubs in Action via Humble Area Democrats canvass right up to this existential midterm.
- Billion-fueled Fascism is on the Nov. 8th Ballot
- I AGREE! Michael Moore says it is almost impossible for Democrats to lose the midterms — If …