Call: (646) 716-5812 – “Facebook LIVE” – Live stream: BlogTalkRadio (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: August 15th, 2019
Meet Brianna Titone, a trans woman who won a very conservative Colorado district & JD Scholten, challenger of Iowa’s racist, misogynist, sexist Steve King.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Brianna Titone proves that if a politician listens to and talks to their constituents, they will win.
I enjoyed interviewing Brianna Titone at Netroots Nation 2019 because she is the exemplification of what many of us preach. Irrespective of who you are, engage and win. She won because her conservative district in the aggregate understood they would be well served by her. Titone, a trans woman was hesitant at first. Her Republican congressman dissed her, so she ran for the seat. She let it all hang out and won the district.
I also met JD Scholten who is running against disgraced congressman Steve King of Iowa. He was not sure about running then. Well a couple of weeks later, he is running.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Steve King’s ‘appalling and bizarre’ comments have his fellow Republicans worried, again
Looks like Republicans are worried about Rep. Steve King damaging their brand. Again. The latest cause for worry is King’s latest comments explaining that he doesn’t support rape or incest exceptions in his abortion bans because “What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?”
Rep. Liz Cheney, the third-ranking House Republican, put on her frowniest face for this:
Today’s comments by @RepSteveKingIA are appalling and bizarre. As I’ve said before, it’s time for him to go. The people of Iowa’s 4th congressional district deserve better.— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) August 14, 2019
Cheney previously said that King “should find another line of work” after he asked, “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization—how did that language become offensive?” So in case you were wondering where Cheney draws the line, it’s with overt defense of white supremacy and with “bizarre”—she’s not wrong there—comments about the role of rape and incest in human history. In other words, when King becomes too much of a PR headache for Republicans and when voters get a reminder that he is still in Congress as a Republican but that they have a chance to vote him out next year.
Blog of the Week
Please LIKE our Facebook page and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chris Christie & Mike Pence attack Trump. Stephanie Ruhle stopped a misinformer. Trans slam!
- EPIC! Stephanie Ruhle shreds Rep. for trying to mislead her audience on inflation and the economy.
- A real journalist, Ayman Mohyeldin, roasts Chris Christie for a self-serving run against Trump.
- Patriotic Millionaires Morris Pearl on taxation – Andy Schmookler on Supreme Court failure
- Jen Psaki dinged Gov Sununu’s lie midstream as he tried to deny Trump-Putin collusion.
- ‘No Labels’ is a danger to our Democracy. Jen Psaki dings Sununu’s lie. Medicaid & DeSantis
- Rattner deconstructs debt ceiling. Ayman Mohyeldin roasts Christie. A GOP Sen, Kids, & Jesus.
- A candid conversation with a Right-Wing Republican on guns. This is how it starts.
- This is how I convinced many Right Wing Republicans to support Healthcare For All.
- Joy-Ann Reid contrasts Ron DeSantis, the autocrat, with Democratic Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.
- Most of SCOTUS supports business over workers. Conservative ex-cop professor fired over a lie.
- MAGA Republican Freedom Caucus Rep. Bob Good attacks the debt ceiling deal. Biden was the adult!
- The definitive GOP vs Dem comparisons. TX Rep explains Lege attack on Harris Cty. Autocracy!
- I had an epiphany. We should embrace AI. — Ali Velshi checks misinforming former GOP Gov.
- Ali Velshi dismantles former Republican Governor. Why do corporations and not people get the breaks?
- Republican Budget chair discussing debt ceiling shows evil can come in a meek, soft-spoken package.
- Minnesota Progressive miraculous and Texas lousy legislative sessions. Pedro Silva on polarization.
- TX Activist challenges anti-trans Dem. Paxton impeached! So what? Wallace & Glaude on GOP freedom.
- MSNBC Host & Fmr. Republican: GOP is done approximating anything resembling freedom, Gloude concurs.
- Rep Hakeem Jeffries points slammed GOP as unpatriotic in dealing with the debt ceiling.