Meet Brianna Titone, a trans woman who won a very conservative Colorado district & JD Scholten, challenger of Iowa’s racist, misogynist, sexist Steve King.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Brianna Titone proves that if a politician listens to and talks to their constituents, they will win.
I enjoyed interviewing Brianna Titone at Netroots Nation 2019 because she is the exemplification of what many of us preach. Irrespective of who you are, engage and win. She won because her conservative district in the aggregate understood they would be well served by her. Titone, a trans woman was hesitant at first. Her Republican congressman dissed her, so she ran for the seat. She let it all hang out and won the district.
I also met JD Scholten who is running against disgraced congressman Steve King of Iowa. He was not sure about running then. Well a couple of weeks later, he is running.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Steve King’s ‘appalling and bizarre’ comments have his fellow Republicans worried, again
Looks like Republicans are worried about Rep. Steve King damaging their brand. Again. The latest cause for worry is King’s latest comments explaining that he doesn’t support rape or incest exceptions in his abortion bans because “What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?”
Rep. Liz Cheney, the third-ranking House Republican, put on her frowniest face for this:
Today’s comments by @RepSteveKingIA are appalling and bizarre. As I’ve said before, it’s time for him to go. The people of Iowa’s 4th congressional district deserve better.— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) August 14, 2019
Cheney previously said that King “should find another line of work” after he asked, “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization—how did that language become offensive?” So in case you were wondering where Cheney draws the line, it’s with overt defense of white supremacy and with “bizarre”—she’s not wrong there—comments about the role of rape and incest in human history. In other words, when King becomes too much of a PR headache for Republicans and when voters get a reminder that he is still in Congress as a Republican but that they have a chance to vote him out next year.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Epic! MSNBC’s Tiffany Cross decimates Republican on what the GOP stands for.
- Congresswoman’s interview makes clear we cannot forget insurrection nor allow guilty to go free
- Names of the Capitol alleged insurrectionaries with complaints or indictments.
- The words Biden’s Inauguration Poet Amanda Gorman used in Lester Holt interview even more insightful
- Texas Activists carrying symbolic coffins marched at the home of Ted Cruz demanding his resignation.
- Watch President Biden tells his staff that he will fire them on the spot for Trump-like behavior!
- The Capitol Assault—Roots and Solutions
- Chuck Todd to false equivalency Republican, Only one side that tried to overthrow the Capitol.
- McConnell throws Trump, Ted Cruz, & Josh Hawley under the bus on the seditious insurrection.
- Camo or no, traitors clearly visible
- Katy Tur panel explains how the Republican Party became a cult.
- Why good people do evil things with a clear conscience? Abstraction explained.
- Karen Finney: “This is who we are.” But her message to both Democrats & the GOP was more profound.
- Southern Populism and the Secret History of Segregation
- Insurrection on Capitol: Funeral for White Supremacy. These people are the barnacles on the future.
- Rep. Clyburn calls them out as a hate group and reveals an American unfortunate truth.
- Rep. Jim Clyburn admonished Republicans. Tell the truth about the election. Stop hurting the country.
- Why Jan 6th attempted coup on the US should give legs to #DefundThePolice
- Are hunters really the biggest conservationists in America?
- What are ski resorts, gear makers, and professional skiers and snowboarders doing to fight global warming?