If the Democratic Party is looking for an antiseptic purge, it better be careful. Most Americans are neither Democrats nor Republicans and Bernie voters make much better allies when respected.
I suggest discarding the Bernie Bro myth and try fairness and empathy.
Ask Briahna Joy Gray and former Ohio State Senator Nina Turner what real political & racial attacks really look & feel like. Too many rank and file Democratic voters have fallen for the right-wing techniques the Democratic leadership has used to stamp Bernie Sanders supporters as Bernie Bros or somehow irrational based on a few outliers. We are not.
Bernie did what the DNC asked of him if was not going to be the winner. He suspended his campaign and he endorsed Joe Biden. But he said he intended to remain on the ballot to continue to give his people, the movement a voice at the table. Removing Bernie Sanders from the New York ballot was like stabbing the Bernie and movement supporters with a knife, turning it, and stuffing the would with salt.
Bernie voters are passionate about a necessary new order and are not going away. They saw the Democratic Party as a place with congruous interests. It will do the party well to change with the times and let that new faction ascend.
- Mitch McConnell wants states to go bankrupt as opposed to giving them support. But of course, he never minded bailing out corporations.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
- Analysis: He Got Tested For Coronavirus. Then Came The Flood Of Medical Bills.
- Critics Decry ‘Massive Step in Wrong Direction’ as Big Banks Move to Buy Up Fracking Industry Assets With Coronavirus Bailout Funds.
It is getting difficult for many Bernie supporters to support the a candidate insulting, disrespecting and undermining them via the party.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Citing ‘Utter Inability to Discharge Duties of His Office,’ MoveOn Demands Trump Removal Under 25th Amendment
“It’s not just Trump’s words but his actions that reveal his utter inability to discharge the duties of his office.”
A day after President Donald Trump openly speculated about injecting disinfectants into coronavirus patients and using large amounts of ultraviolet rays to treat the virus, MoveOn.org on Friday publicly called for Trump’s cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment and remove the president from office.
Trump’s comments Thursday evening—which forced doctors to issue public statements pleading with Americans to ignore the president’s advice—are only the latest evidence that his failed leadership and mismanagement of the pandemic is endangering people on a daily basis, MoveOn said.
If it wasn't already abundantly clear, Trump's alarming 'disinfectant' comments show it's long past time for the Cabinet to use the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office. Our statement: pic.twitter.com/LziWsQ3nSY— MoveOn (@MoveOn) April 24, 2020
It’s not just Trump’s words but his actions that reveal his utter inability to discharge the duties of his office,” said Rahna Epting, the group’s executive director.
“He downplayed the threat of coronavirus for months and went golfing when he should have been preparing, has still failed to ensure sufficient testing or PPE, and can’t seem to figure out how to get stimulus checks and other relief to families in need,” Epting continued. “He reportedly doesn’t attend coronavirus briefings, but rather governs by watching TV. His egotism, intentional ignorance, and lack of rudimentary understanding of or respect for the Constitution are clear evidence of his inability to govern.”
Earlier this month, Trump repeatedly touted hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug, as a potential treatment for COVID-19.
At least three people in Nigeria were hospitalized in late March after overdosing on the drug following Trump’s statements about the medication. The wife of a man in Arizona who died from ingesting chloroquine phosphate confirmed that her husband used the substance because of the president’s remarks in a televised briefing
“If it wasn’t already abundantly clear it should be now: it’s past time for the cabinet to exercise its constitutional responsibility and remove Trump from office,” said Epting.
On social media Thursday evening, following Trump’s comments about disinfectants, stunned critics demanded to know why the 25th Amendment shouldn’t be used to remove the president from office.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Gov. Chris Christie slams Trump as a post-2020 election untethered self that’s killing GOP right now.
- Watch Obama scorch, Herschel Walker- Georgia, elect Raphael Warnock. Tired is no excuse!
- Irresponsible Senators Ted Cruz & Lindsey Graham puts our military at risk with their vaccine stance.
- Sexist reporter mic-dropped by New Zealand PM at presser between two young female Prime Ministers
- SHAME! Executive & Congress may sacrifice rail workers to further enrich corporate America.
- Adam Kinzinger does not think Kevin McCarthy will last as Speaker of the House.
- We willfully submit ourselves to the new bondage, antiseptic slavery.
- A fed-up Arkansas Governor, Asa Hutchinson, throws Donald Trump under the bus.
- Watch Chuck Todd ding GOP Rep. James Comer with inconvenient facts as he bloviated about crime.
- These ‘STRONG MEN’ are at the heights of Republican hypocrisy amid their ongoing support for Trump.
- Philadelphia DA, Larry Krasner: Democrats have the answer to crime Republican policy fails
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.