Cristina Tzintzún Ramirez appeared on Politics Done Right to discuss the issues of the day, voter suppression, infrastructure bill, NextGen America, and much more.
NextGen America Dir. Cristina Tzintzún Ramirez on voter suppression
Cristina is a civil rights leader, former U.S. Senate candidate, author, and community organizer, forging a better future for all Americans. Cristina previously founded and led two of Texas’ largest voting and civil rights organizations: Jolt, a Texas-wide organization focused on energizing the Latino vote, and Workers Defense Project (WDP), winning the passage of local and state laws protecting the rights of hundreds of thousands of workers.
We discussed the following.
- Voting bills in Texas S1 & H3
- Thoughts on Democrats who caved
- Can we organize ourselves out of it.
- Federal Voter Bills
- The John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act (HR)
- For the People Act (H1)
- Bi-Partisan Infrastructure Bill
- Human infrastructure Bill
- NextGen America
- Thoughts on how we are handling COVID in TEXAS/US
- Political prospects
NextGen America is a multiracial coalition of young people, organized to take power by winning elections for progressive candidates. NextGen is uniquely suited to help millennials and Gen Z’ers seize power as an experienced yet nimble political organization that leads with authenticity and grit. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered over 1.4 million voters and contacted millions of young people with messages encouraging them to vote.
- NEW! How to make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it
- It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom
Please join our YouTube channel to get the numbers up to open up some more features and reach more folks. Gracias!