Stephanie Gordon Bailey & John Cotter of North Harris County 7 Warriors discuss their interview schedule of Texas candidates both local and national. Joel Segal, Medicare for All author, talks universal healthcare and more.
Joel Segal was instrumental in writing H.R. 676, the original Medicare for All bill under Congressman John Conyers.
Joel will talk much more than Medicare for All. We discuss his impact on Obamacare, his new passions, and much more. He understands that there is not much time for the progressive movement to save this country from fascism.
But we start locally. Stephanie Gordon Bailey and John Cotter appear on Politics Done Right representing the North Harris County 7 Warriors (name subject to change). They came on to let us know what they are doing to keep Harris County Blue and turn Texas Blue. Visit their Facebook page to access all their information and the interview schedule. Imagine if every county in districts Red or Blue organized like this group. The country would not be purple but solid blue.
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Trump Grants Big Oil Lobby Association’s Bailout Wish.
- 100+ economists want Pelosi to boost relief for workers.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- Covid-19 deaths likely much higher than the reported numbers.
- Mitch McConnell wants states to go bankrupt as opposed to giving them support. But of course, he never minded bailing out corporations.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
Medicare for All
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Trump’s actions are a war on seniors. He is insisting on threatening Social Security on which most seniors rely for their food, medicine, and other basic necessities.
Trump’s actions are a war on seniors. He is insisting on threatening Social Security on which most seniors rely for their food, medicine, and other basic necessities.”
Grassroots advocacy groups representing millions of retirees and seniors across the United States are speaking out against and urging Congress to oppose President Donald Trump’s threat to block desperately needed Covid-19 relief legislation if it does not slash the payroll tax, which funds Social Security and Medicare.
“It is outrageous, callous, and cruel for President Trump to hold the American people, and seniors in particular, hostage if Congress doesn’t go along with his plan to gut Social Security for current and future retirees,” said Richard Fiesta, executive director of the Alliance for Retired Americans, an organization with over four million members nationwide.
“The president’s plan is also bad economics. Social Security puts more than $800 billion into the economy each year. Destabilizing the system when we are in the middle of an economic downtown is exactly the opposite of what we need to do,” Fiesta added. “The 4.4 million members of the Alliance for Retired Americans call on all members of Congress to refuse to make such a deal. We will fight this attempt to gut Social Security and in November we will remember who was willing to defend and protect our earned benefits.”
During a Fox News town hall Sunday night, Trump said he would oppose any additional coronavirus stimulus package that does not include his long-desired payroll tax cut, which would provide zero direct relief to the more than 30 million Americans who have lost their jobs over the past six weeks. The president suggested at a press briefing last month that the tax cut should be permanent.
“We’re not doing anything unless we get a payroll tax cut,” Trump said Sunday, just days after vowing to protect Social Security and Medicare.
Max Richtman, president and CEO of the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, said in a statement Monday that Trump’s remarks “set off alarm bells for America’s seniors and their advocates.”
“Make no mistake: by pushing to cut off the program’s funding stream, President Trump is taking the first step toward dismantling Social Security,” said Richtman. “The president’s campaign to eliminate payroll taxes is a violation of his patently false promises to seniors ‘not to touch’ Social Security. This proposal goes way beyond ‘touching.’ Choking off Social Security’s funding stream is an existential threat to seniors’ earned benefits.”
The multi-trillion-dollar CARES Act, which President Donald Trump signed into law in late March, contains a provision allowing employers to delay payment of the payroll tax for at least the duration of 2020.
Advocates warned at the time that the provision, which replaces payroll tax revenue with general revenue, represents a fundamental threat to Social Security’s long-term financial health. Nancy Altman, president of advocacy group Social Security Works, predicted that Republicans will “undoubtedly use the general revenue to demand cuts to Social Security in the name of ‘reining in entitlements.'”
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), a proponent of Social Security cuts, hinted in that direction last month, declaring that “the future of our country in terms of the amount of debt that we’re adding up is a matter of genuine concern.”
In a statement on Monday, Altman said the president’s relentless push for a payroll tax cut shows “how desperately Trump and the right-wing ideologues surrounding him want to defund Social Security, so they have an excuse down the road to demand cuts to our earned benefits.”
“Trump’s actions are a war on seniors,” said Altman. “He wants to open up the economy, even though Covid-19 is disproportionately costing seniors their lives. Now he is insisting on threatening Social Security on which most seniors rely for their food, medicine, and other basic necessities. Members of Congress, particularly House Democrats, need to stand strong and call Trump’s bluff.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Democratic politicians better listen to this activist. It’s time for her winning message.
- Here’s a short-term Roe v. Wade overturn solution. Democrats must stop being spineless in the fight!
- Exposed oil scam the corporate oil cartel will hate: Politics Done Right on Muslim Network TV
- Liz Cheney gets real with Right-Wing Trump sycophants President Trump abused your trust
- An activist patriarchal Supreme Court overturned women’s Rights to their own bodies.
- Dems: Stop blaming Latinos for Democratic losses. Reassess before it’s too late.
- LIVE: Documentary Series No Address Atlanta screening and Q&A session
- The wealthy shareholders and investors don’t care about you! Why I checked this listener.
- Stephanie Ruhle implores voters: Ask Republicans for their answer to inflation before a blind vote.
- Oil companies are fraudsters: They make record profits then blame Biden for ripping us off for it.
- Watch Starbucks CEO say he won’t work with unions for incoherent reasons. HUBRIS? My Take.
- There’s an oil glut, not a shortage. High prices are a worldwide fraud by corporations. Here’s why.
- Matthew Dowd: Do you really want to turn the country over to One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- REALLY! Fox News exposed former GOP Rep. Devin Nunes as he lied about Jan 6th ratings.
- Joe Scarborough excoriates Republicans for sticking with Trump as he pointed out their deeds were evil.
- Dr. Eddie Glaude calls out MAGA Republicans for what they are and urges the media to do the same.
- Economist calls out ‘Banana Republicans’ as responsible for much of America’s economic problems.
- Soon, you won’t own your homes. This system is killing home ownership and your future.
- Register Now For “Ask Egberto Anything”
- Lead counsel to Trump impeachment: What Donald Trump should be seeing are handcuffs