The impeachment hearings charade is on confirming what everybody knows. But working on poor and middle-class policies cannot be placed on hold.
I understand how important the impeachment hearings are. But how distracting is it from our progressive agenda?
We are reaching the epoch of these impeachment hearings. The problem is that as the sugar high subsides, the question is whether progressives fighting against this president will have the fortitude necessary to fight even harder against all that oppose the progressive agenda from both parties.
Blog of the Week
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Justice Democrats Accuses Buttigieg of Abandoning Medicare for All After Taking ‘Tons of Cash’ From Corporate Interests
Providing a two-year timeline of 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg’s remarks about Medicare for All, progressive advocacy group Justice Democrats on Wednesday accused the South Bend, Indiana mayor of abandoning support for single-payer healthcare in favor of an incremental half-measure after realizing “he could raise tons of cash from corporate executives in the pharmaceutical and insurance industry.”
Waleed Shahid, spokesperson for Justice Democrats, said in a statement that Buttigieg “has no credibility” to criticize fellow 2020 contenders Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) for being “evasive” on Medicare for All “given how far his position has shifted over the past two years and how much money he’s been taking from Big Pharma and insurance executives.”
According to a Business Insider analysis published in August, Buttigieg—who is now running on a public option plan called “Medicare for All Who Want It”—has received more campaign cash from the healthcare industry than any other 2020 presidential candidate aside from President Donald Trump.
Shahid suggested Tuesday that industry cash played a role in Buttigieg’s decision to ditch Medicare for All and go on the attack against the popular proposal in campaign ads and the presidential debates.
“Buttigieg was for Medicare for All before he was against it,” said Shahid. “What happened this summer that made him abandon Medicare for All? He realized he was never going to beat Warren and Sanders as a progressive. He got scared of the fight. He realized he could raise tons of cash from corporate executives in the pharmaceutical and insurance industry.”
The Buttigieg campaign pushed back against Justice Democrats’ criticism on Twitter, insisting that the South Bend mayor expressed support for Medicare for All when it was “not synonymous” with the single-payer system proposed by Sanders’ Medicare for All legislation.
Shahid said that is “not true,” pointing to an op-ed Buttigieg wrote in 2004 expressing support for single-payer.
“The meaning [of Medicare for All] hasn’t changed,” said Shahid. “Him cozying up to the industry has.”
As part of a press release Wednesday morning, in an attempt to demonstrate how dramatically the mayor’s position on Medicare for All has shifted, Justice Democrats offered the following timeline of Buttigieg’s healthcare remarks dating back to early 2018:
Read My Current Blog Posts
- CNN acknowledged Biden’s long success list. Is MSM finally bucking the Right-Wing narrative?
- Fox News THEN & NOW! Shouldn’t they want Trump locked up now as they wanted Clinton then?
- Why are oil execs no different from the common thugs released on bond?
- Watch Fox News Host Maria Bartiromo exploded when former Trumpist Alan Dershowitz defended Biden.
- Watch Beto O’Rourke slam an Abbott-supporting heckler
- My listener’s $880 glasses devolved into this necessary healthcare rant.
- My listener’s ‘Defund Capitalism’ statement elicited this response. What are your thoughts?
- TX Gov. Greg Abbott basks in his evil deeds as NYC Mayor Eric Adams shows compassion to his victims.
- Fox News panel explodes as panelist points out that crime is higher in the Red States than in the Blue States.
- CNN interview between Sens. Blumenthal & Graham a disaster for Democrats. He should’ve said this.
- The FBI is raiding Donald Trump’s home at Mar-o-Lago. The alleged Criminal In Chief may pay now!
- Reporter: The more Trump wins, the more Republicans are poised to lose!
- Dem strategist on winning: GOP giving gifts. Message Republican Party as wacko party & then …￼
- Kansas defied polls, voted in droves, and protected women’s rights. WOMEN WON!
- Former CNN Host Rick Sanchez: An empowering message of professional rebirth after an unfair firing.
- Fmr GOP strategist: Fist-bumping Senators after denying healthcare shows a moral collapse of the GOP
- Fmr. VP’s Chief of Staff shades Matt Gaetz for dissing Pence: He’ll be in prison by 2024.
- LIES EXPOSED ON VIDEO: Trump officials lie on Fox News about Jan 6 but truthful to Senate Committee
- Donny Deutsch: You got to scare the hell out of people about Republicans’ level of crazy & insanity.
- Larry Summers’ inflation & employment statement proves we have a defective & evil economic system.