Call: (646) 716-5812 – “Facebook LIVE” – Live stream: BlogTalkRadio (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: August 2nd, 2019
The economic system, the political system, and the mainstream media are all run by the same Plutocracy. They are steering candidates and policies.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Mainstream media makes it clear every day the need for Independent Media
I did over 50 total interviews at Netroots Nation 2019 in Philadelphia a few weeks ago. Helen Gym, a Progressive Philadelphia Councilwoman made a statement that I had to think about several times. Paraphrasing, she said that it is not only important to push our truthful message, but we must shame those hurting the masses. We must make it very clear who they are and the ills they effecting.
Today I will call out the mainstream media on very specific issues after the last Democratic Debate. Call in and tell me what you think.
- Using Right-Wing talking points to conduct interviews.
- Attempting to create fights between candidates not on policy but on semantics.
- Attacking selective candidates when they bruise a favorite.
- Turning dispute with Biden and some of Obama’s policies into an attack on the former president.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Daily Kos: Impeachment inquiry now supported by a majority of Democratic House members
With every testimony and every report, the numbers increase. The slowness of the movement may be frustrating. So is the continued mythology that allowing Mitch McConnell to give Donald Trump a pseudo-not-guilty is somehow worse than giving Trump the blessing of Democrats by never bothering to begin impeachment in the first place—something that Julián Castro ably pointed out in Wednesday night’s debate. But the number of Democrats in the House who have announced their support for beginning an impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump has finally moved past the halfway mark.
As The Washington Post reports, some of the growing pressure for impeachment is coming because clips of Robert Mueller’s testimony are generating calls to congressional offices. That testimony, which pundits seemed to find so unimpressive, turns out to be exactly what many Democrats said it would be—eye-opening for those who had not actually read the special counsel’s report.
Political enthusiasts and those who followed the Russian investigation closely may have known better, but for many Americans, the only “truth” they knew was from the three-page not-a-summary prepared by Attorney General William Barr, and the constant tweets and repeats from Trump and other Republicans claiming that the report had found Trump squeaky clean. For those Americans, seeing Mueller say, as he did in just the first minutes of the House Judiciary Committee hearing, that the report did not exonerate Trump, that Trump interfered with witnesses and withheld evidence, that Trump attempted to halt the investigation, and that Trump’s actions may have affected the ability to issue charges of conspiracy … all of that is a revelation.
The added pressure has finally pushed the numbers to the point where a majority of Democratic House members, plus now-former Republican Justin Amash, stand in support of impeachment. And, as Politico reports, that number makes it increasingly difficult for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to take no action.
Blog of the Week
Please LIKE our Facebook page and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Jen Psaki dinged Gov Sununu’s lie midstream as he tried to deny Trump-Putin collusion.
- ‘No Labels’ is a danger to our Democracy. Jen Psaki dings Sununu’s lie. Medicaid & DeSantis
- Rattner deconstructs debt ceiling. Ayman Mohyeldin roasts Christie. A GOP Sen, Kids, & Jesus.
- A candid conversation with a Right-Wing Republican on guns. This is how it starts.
- This is how I convinced many Right Wing Republicans to support Healthcare For All.
- Joy-Ann Reid contrasts Ron DeSantis, the autocrat, with Democratic Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.
- Most of SCOTUS supports business over workers. Conservative ex-cop professor fired over a lie.
- MAGA Republican Freedom Caucus Rep. Bob Good attacks the debt ceiling deal. Biden was the adult!
- The definitive GOP vs Dem comparisons. TX Rep explains Lege attack on Harris Cty. Autocracy!
- I had an epiphany. We should embrace AI. — Ali Velshi checks misinforming former GOP Gov.
- Ali Velshi dismantles former Republican Governor. Why do corporations and not people get the breaks?
- Republican Budget chair discussing debt ceiling shows evil can come in a meek, soft-spoken package.
- Minnesota Progressive miraculous and Texas lousy legislative sessions. Pedro Silva on polarization.
- TX Activist challenges anti-trans Dem. Paxton impeached! So what? Wallace & Glaude on GOP freedom.
- MSNBC Host & Fmr. Republican: GOP is done approximating anything resembling freedom, Gloude concurs.
- Rep Hakeem Jeffries points slammed GOP as unpatriotic in dealing with the debt ceiling.
- The 11-year-old black kid who called 911 and was shot by a Mississippi cop is my fear and that of many.black kid
- Moms Demand Action presented a moving Memorial for Uvalde in Kingwood, Texas.
- Chris Hayes exposes why Republicans holding America hostage with the debt ceiling is a farce.
- TX AG Paxton to be impeached. 11-year-old shot by a cop. Chris Hayes exposes Debt Ceiling fraud.