Ted Howard, President of The Democracy Collaborative, talks about how the middle-class can survive the extractive nature of our economic system.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Democracy Collaborative’s Ted Howard has been walking the grassroots path for a very long time.
I interviewed Ted Howard, President, and Co-Founder of The Democracy Collaborative. It was a very inspiring interview that should give us all hope. I enjoyed the conversation so much so that we went over our time limit.
The Democracy Collaborative outlines the 7 principles that will fix our economy. Ted Howard and Marjorie Kelly recently co-wrote the book “The Making of a Democratic Economy: How to Build Prosperity for the Many, Not the Few” that explains it all with real-world examples.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Doctors, advocates call USCIS decision to end deportation relief for sick people a ‘death sentence’
Maria Isabel Bueso’s invitation to participate in a clinical trial when she was just seven years old has helped saved lives, including her own: The medication approved by the Food and Drug Administration as a result of that clinical trial has helped increased survival for others with her rare genetic disease by more than a decade. Nearly two decades after that trial, the U.S. is now telling her that she must leave the country within 33 days.
She’s among the patients who have been told by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that their medical deferred action, which gave them renewable relief from deportation while they received medical treatment for oftentimes life-threatening conditions, is ending. Cancer, cerebral palsy, cystic fibrosis—it doesn’t matter. The administration is now telling them to get the hell out.
Bueso’s mom, attorney, and doctor all agree that the Trump administration’s decision is a “death sentence” for her and others. “Neither the drug nor the medical care that she requires is available in Guatemala,” The New York Times reports. “Without the drug, her health is expected to quickly deteriorate. Her breathing could become belabored; she could suffer cardiac arrest and become susceptible to infections.”
In another instance, 16-year-old Jonathan has been successfully undergoing treatment for cystic fibrosis for three years now. “Jonathan missed two years of school in Honduras because of his illness,” MassLive reported, but “in Boston, he has resumed school and gotten help from a tutor when he’s too sick to go to class.” Jonathan already lost his older sister, Samantha, to the same disease. Now this family fears he could be next. This is absolutely a death sentence.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- BOOYAH: She is Right! We are slaves to a Constitution written by a tiny group of slave owners.
- European Union Parliament Member ridicules our democracy: ‘The US couldn’t spell democracy’
- PROOF: Our Supreme Court is illegitimate and sadly was placed there by rogue small-state Senators.
- GOP Rep Kinzinger slams GOP Gov Noem: Like invasion of the body snatchers. She was very different.
- Ali Velshi: SCOTUS Reign of Terror. There is no land of the free when freedom is extinguished.
- It cannot survive without a broken America, yet we live with it as we fail to confront it.
- Official swearing-in of Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson at the United States Supreme Court
- Liz Cheney: Republican leaders & elected officials made themselves willing hostages to Trump.
- Lawrence O’Donnell ridicules TX Gov. Abbott for his solution to denying rape victims an abortion.
- Historian: This was a president who led a coup d’é·tat, an insurrection against the people of the USA.
- Two young progressives call out the Democratic establishment’s ineptitude as they demand action.
- Fmr. RNC Chair to Dems: Spine up A GOP House/Senate = No filibuster & Abortion ban nationally.
- Katie Porter is right. SCOTUS ruling is an attack on the economy & freedom. Filibuster must end
- AOC destroys Arkansas Governor: Little to no support for life after birth in Arkansas.
- Democratic politicians better listen to this activist. It’s time for her winning message.
- Here’s a short-term Roe v. Wade overturn solution. Democrats must stop being spineless in the fight!
- Exposed oil scam the corporate oil cartel will hate: Politics Done Right on Muslim Network TV
- Liz Cheney gets real with Right-Wing Trump sycophants President Trump abused your trust
- An activist patriarchal Supreme Court overturned women’s Rights to their own bodies.
- Dems: Stop blaming Latinos for Democratic losses. Reassess before it’s too late.