Congressman Bob Gibbs assaulted Move To Amend Director Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap: Karl Smith, founder of Voter Education Project speaks on Enabled Capitalism.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I ran across a friend’s tweet today, Move to Amend’s National Director Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap. She reported that she was assaulted by Congressman Bob Gibbs (R-OH). She was superglued at a protest and he ripped her off the wall. She intends to press charges. She will be our first guest.
Voter Education Project ready to inform Democrats and beyond
Voter Education Project‘s Karl Smith complains often about Democratic messaging. It upsets him that Republicans continuously give the impression that their policies are better for the economy and with that every single American. He says Democrats do not explain, their true beliefs appropriately. Karl did not just sit back and complain. He decided to invest in doing his part to inform and enlighten.
It is a fact that the economy does better in the aggregate under Democratic control. Interestingly, the party that is called the tax & spend party is actually the party that is fiscally responsible. So why do Americans buy into the converse? Voter Education Project is Karl’s answer that will intentionally inform with the proper narrative that will help dispel those fallacies and more.
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
Daily Kos: Harris releases health care reform plan: Medicare for All eventually, with private option
Sen. Kamala Harris announced her health care reform plan Monday: a Medicare for All plan that keeps private health insurance functioning much like Medicare Advantage plans, and transitions to a full government-sponsored plan over 10 years.
“This isn’t about pursuing an ideology,” Harris wrote in her Medium post explaining the plan, giving a nod to Republicans screaming “socialism.” “This is about delivering for the American people,” she wrote. Her plan would allow people to keep private coverage, as long as their plans adhere to the same regulation as the government-offered Medicare plan, making them similar to existing Medicare Advantage plans now. She would extend Medicare coverage to include vision, dental, hearing aids, and mental health services, though the plan doesn’t address long-term care—the biggest missing component.
It would be paid for with a 4% tax on people making more than $100,000 annually, a 0.2% tax on all stock trades and a 0.1% tax on bond trades. She would also tax derivative transactions at .002% and tax offshore corporate income at the same rate as domestic corporate income. She estimates that combination would raise $2 trillion over 10 years. That contrasts with Bernie Sanders’ Medicare for All plan, which she has also supported, which has the 4% tax levied on taxpayers making more than $29,000 annually—a tax offset, he says, by the fact that no one would have to pay premiums or other out-of-pocket healthcare costs.
After a 10-year transition under Harris’ plan, employer-sponsored health insurance would be eliminated. Immediately, all newborns and uninsured people would be automatically enrolled in the government plan. In that first phase, everyone would have the opportunity to buy in. That 10-year transition would “give all doctors time to get into the system, and provide a commonsense path for employers, employees, the underinsured, and others on federally-designated programs, such as Medicaid or the Affordable Care Act exchanges, to transition,” she writes.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chris Hayes exposes GOP doling out monies they voted against. Where are Democrats with bullhorns?
- SHAME ON Chuck Todd: This subliminal messaging and media malpractice in real-time.
- Joy-Ann Reid slams Laura Ingraham & GOP on inhumane statements about Americans with student loans.
- Democrats must not cede rural America to Republicans
- Donna Brazile has a stark warning for Democrats: STOP SLEEPING AT THE WHEEL! Engage the community.
- Matthew Dowd excoriates GOP for this latest white supremacist mass shooting that is now the norm.
- Steve Schmidt gives a profound analysis of our fascist path: And then the killings start.
- Watch Jen Psaki destroy a reporter trying to shield GOP from Rick Scott’s middle-class tax hike.
- Dr. Jason Johnson slams Republicans for running Herschel Walker against Raphael Warnock
- Jen Psaki dispatched two reporters trying to ding the president for calling some Republicans ULTRA MAGA
- Analysis by Fareed Zakaria: Blue America is Western Europe. Red America is Saudi Arabia & Nigeria.
- Jake Tapper grills MS Gov. on Roe overturn: Given your track record why should people believe you?
- Mallory McMorrow has a winning Democratic message for the next election. Lean in!
- Lawrence O’Donnell blasts Alito and the Right side of SCOTUS in the appropriately striking form.
- Jen Psaki stops a reporter who made Alito’s leaked brief, the story. It’s control of women’s bodies.
- WOW! Joe Scarborough destroys MAGA & GOP with examples: ‘THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY.’
- Democratic neoliberal corporate sellout Henry Cuellar is on the defensive against Jessica Cisneros
- An angry Elizabeth Warren sides with Progressive over the anti-woman incumbent in the Texas runoff.
- Roe v. Wade overturn is the latest result of minority rule. And women will die.
- Republicans are setting up the courts for minority rule even in a more progressive country.