We must give every Democratic candidate a chance. But we must expose any Right Wing tactics used on Medicare for All and other Progressive policies immediately and put our support for them at risk.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
The Plutocracy is in panic. Medicare for All has gained traction. Do you remember when Hillary Clinton attempted the first crack at healthcare reform? The Healthcare Industrial complex launched very believable ads that brainwashed Americans into believing any kind of universal healthcare would hurt them.
The industry was less effective under President Obama because he effectively co-opted them. Obama did not even attempt fighting for Medicare for All. The industry was a part of the process and got even richer in the process. In effect, Obama made the deal to enrich them further with tax dollars and their give was to insure everyone, no questions asked. They were left with pricing power which are those price increases Americans see every year.
Now that Medicare for All has traction, now that most Americans want this kind of coverage, there is a new organization that is cocked and ready to shoot. The Partnership for America’s Health Care Future (PAHCF) has started its misinformation campaign. And they have Presidential candidates like Michael Bennet mimicking them as stooges.
Common Dreams: Fearful Democrats and the False Allure of Policy Centrism. Nancy Pelosi is worried about 2020. As, of course, is every Democrat, but Pelosi has an analysis of the challenge the party faces that is striking in how tentative it sounds, even frightened. Here’s what she told The New York Times over the weekend: [Sitting in her office with its panoramic view of the National Mall, Ms. Pelosi—the de facto head of the Democratic Party until a presidential nominee is selected in 2020—offered Democrats her “coldblooded” plan for decisively ridding themselves of Mr. Trump: Do not get dragged into a protracted impeachment bid that will ultimately get crushed in the Republican-controlled Senate, and do not risk alienating the moderate voters who flocked to the party in 2018 by drifting too far to the left.] “Own the center left, own the mainstream,” Ms. Pelosi, 79, said. It wasn’t that long ago that Pelosi was supposed to epitomize the left’s radicalism, a “San Francisco liberal” who filled every heartland American with rage and disgust. Now she’s telling the Democratic Party that the path to victory is by limiting conflict with Donald Trump and offering a sedate policy centrism. She’s not the only one. The current front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, Joe Biden, is basing his candidacy on the proposition that he will be able to win over significant numbers of Republican voters, once they see that he’s more moderate than other Democrats and realize what a repellent human being Donald Trump is. The only problem with that theory is that there is no reason to believe it’s true. Trump’s approval from Republican voters is at a near-perfect 90 percent, according to Gallup, and it isn’t like they haven’t gotten a good enough look at him to realize who he is. Their elected officials have proven time and time again that there is literally nothing Trump could do that would make them turn their backs on him; the one or two who felt that they might, like former Senator Jeff Flake, did it only when they were on their way to retirement.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Watch Fox News Host Maria Bartiromo exploded when former Trumpist Alan Dershowitz defended Biden.
- Watch Beto O’Rourke slam an Abbott-supporting heckler
- My listener’s $880 glasses devolved into this necessary healthcare rant.
- My listener’s ‘Defund Capitalism’ statement elicited this response. What are your thoughts?
- TX Gov. Greg Abbott basks in his evil deeds as NYC Mayor Eric Adams shows compassion to his victims.
- Fox News panel explodes as panelist points out that crime is higher in the Red States than in the Blue States.
- CNN interview between Sens. Blumenthal & Graham a disaster for Democrats. He should’ve said this.
- The FBI is raiding Donald Trump’s home at Mar-o-Lago. The alleged Criminal In Chief may pay now!
- Reporter: The more Trump wins, the more Republicans are poised to lose!
- Dem strategist on winning: GOP giving gifts. Message Republican Party as wacko party & then …￼
- Kansas defied polls, voted in droves, and protected women’s rights. WOMEN WON!
- Former CNN Host Rick Sanchez: An empowering message of professional rebirth after an unfair firing.
- Fmr GOP strategist: Fist-bumping Senators after denying healthcare shows a moral collapse of the GOP
- Fmr. VP’s Chief of Staff shades Matt Gaetz for dissing Pence: He’ll be in prison by 2024.
- LIES EXPOSED ON VIDEO: Trump officials lie on Fox News about Jan 6 but truthful to Senate Committee
- Donny Deutsch: You got to scare the hell out of people about Republicans’ level of crazy & insanity.
- Larry Summers’ inflation & employment statement proves we have a defective & evil economic system.
- The economy does much better under Democrats than Republicans. Why the professors’ hesitation, then?
- Stephanie Ruhle exposes Trump and GOP comical revisionist history about Trump’s economy.
- Buttigieg to Rubio: if you have time to fight Disney, have it to safeguard families like mine.