Call: (646) 716-5812 – “Facebook LIVE” – Live stream: BlogTalkRadio (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: May 9th, 2019
I wrote a piece that will be on Daily Kos on Sunday that may subliminally illustrate that the Elizabeth Warren ‘policy for that’ may be the antidote to the Democratic Socialism scare.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron now (http://patreon.com/politicsdoneright).
Last night I had a learning epiphany. I was writing by Daily Kos article for Sunday’s front page. The original article theme was whether to use the Democratic Socialism term at all during this election cycle. As I wrote, Elizabeth Warren kept on popping into my mind. Why? When asked if she was a capitalist, she didn’t hedge, yes, Warren said quickly but immediately went on to describe policies that she wanted instituted to make things better for Americans.
When one examines Warren’s policies, they are very revealing. There is much to learn from methodical discipline.
NYTimes: Why You Should Root for the Uber I.P.O. to Fail: The largest of Uber’s major shareholders is SB Cayman 2 Ltd., which holds more than 16 percent of Uber shares. That investment represents the SoftBank Vision Fund, a $100 billion mega-venture capital fund that has fundamentally changed the venture financing world. The fund, whose biggest investors are the crown prince of Saudi Arabia and the founder of Japan’s leading internet company, has been writing enormous checks — ranging from $500 million to $5 billion — to start-ups including WeWork, Lemonade, Wirecard and DoorDash. SoftBank’s presence has inflated deal sizes in the venture capital world, where rounds of financing are typically well below $100 million. The underlying philosophy of the SoftBank Vision Fund is to create a “cluster of number one” companies that will enrich one another. The language is mystical and the strategy is vague, but, the “vision” is that the artificial intelligence revolution will offer enormous benefits to leading companies that can share their knowledge across different markets, so these companies can “win all without fighting.” There have been successes for SoftBank, including an investment in Alibaba, the Chinese e-commerce giant. But the real verdict will be delivered in the next several years as their largest investments will come to fruition. So, why root for a broken I.P.O. for Uber?
Blog of the Week
Please LIKE our Facebook page and SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Chris Christie & Mike Pence attack Trump. Stephanie Ruhle stopped a misinformer. Trans slam!
- EPIC! Stephanie Ruhle shreds Rep. for trying to mislead her audience on inflation and the economy.
- A real journalist, Ayman Mohyeldin, roasts Chris Christie for a self-serving run against Trump.
- Patriotic Millionaires Morris Pearl on taxation – Andy Schmookler on Supreme Court failure
- Jen Psaki dinged Gov Sununu’s lie midstream as he tried to deny Trump-Putin collusion.
- ‘No Labels’ is a danger to our Democracy. Jen Psaki dings Sununu’s lie. Medicaid & DeSantis
- Rattner deconstructs debt ceiling. Ayman Mohyeldin roasts Christie. A GOP Sen, Kids, & Jesus.
- A candid conversation with a Right-Wing Republican on guns. This is how it starts.
- This is how I convinced many Right Wing Republicans to support Healthcare For All.
- Joy-Ann Reid contrasts Ron DeSantis, the autocrat, with Democratic Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.
- Most of SCOTUS supports business over workers. Conservative ex-cop professor fired over a lie.
- MAGA Republican Freedom Caucus Rep. Bob Good attacks the debt ceiling deal. Biden was the adult!
- The definitive GOP vs Dem comparisons. TX Rep explains Lege attack on Harris Cty. Autocracy!
- I had an epiphany. We should embrace AI. — Ali Velshi checks misinforming former GOP Gov.
- Ali Velshi dismantles former Republican Governor. Why do corporations and not people get the breaks?
- Republican Budget chair discussing debt ceiling shows evil can come in a meek, soft-spoken package.
- Minnesota Progressive miraculous and Texas lousy legislative sessions. Pedro Silva on polarization.
- TX Activist challenges anti-trans Dem. Paxton impeached! So what? Wallace & Glaude on GOP freedom.
- MSNBC Host & Fmr. Republican: GOP is done approximating anything resembling freedom, Gloude concurs.
- Rep Hakeem Jeffries points slammed GOP as unpatriotic in dealing with the debt ceiling.