Today’s show is completely unscripted. We talk economy, tax cuts, local schools, judges, & whatever you want. So call me, tweet me, or Facebook me. As always, this program belongs to you.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Unless I have a guest, I prepare the show in the mornings after writing my 2nd blog of the morning. An educator who is a good friend and KPFT 90.1 FM Houston Colleague asked me to speak to some young boys at an inner-city school about education, professions, and more. I finished all my blogs last night and should have had enough time to spend two hours or so putting the show together. Well, I was stuck in a traffic jam on my way back to my Kingwood studio.
But you know me. NO EXCUSES. We will have a show. We will wing it together starting with the topics above. You can call in and change or add to the topics.
New York Times: Kansas Constitution Protects Abortion Rights, State Supreme Court Rules. The Kansas Supreme Court on Friday blocked a law that would have banned the most commonly used procedure for second-trimester abortions, arguing that the state Constitution protected the right of women to “decide whether to continue a pregnancy.” The court sided in a 6-1 majority with the plaintiffs in the case, two physicians who performed the procedure, in a sweeping ruling that opens the door for abortion rights activists to challenge a series of other restrictions that the state’s Republican-controlled Legislature has enacted. The Kansas case comes at a time of great change for abortion in the United States. Republican-controlled legislatures have chipped away at abortion rights, turning the tide in a broad swath of the country’s middle and the South: Six states are down to one abortion clinic. And now, the math on the Supreme Court has changed with President Trump’s choice of Brett M. Kavanaugh last year, and abortion rights advocates are worried that Roe v. Wade, the national 1973 ruling that provided federal protections for abortion, may soon be at risk.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Disregard Harry Reid on Elizabeth Warren’s Progressiveness
- The Donald Trump Act Of Betrayal And Infamy
- My thoughts on the Democratic Debate on CNN
- Donald Trump versus Every Law Ever Made in the United States.
- Again! A police officer kills a black person in their own home.
- Team Trump and ‘consciousness of guilt’: So obvious a blind person can see it.
- My heart’s with Bernie but Warren knows to use a dagger with a smile.
- What is so-called “Flying Shame” and what’s the climate connection?
- On the Trump dog whistle and his manifesto destiny – complicit to the core.
- The stories keep coming. It is about life or death! And it is real.