Today’s show is completely unscripted. We talk economy, tax cuts, local schools, judges, & whatever you want. So call me, tweet me, or Facebook me. As always, this program belongs to you.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Unless I have a guest, I prepare the show in the mornings after writing my 2nd blog of the morning. An educator who is a good friend and KPFT 90.1 FM Houston Colleague asked me to speak to some young boys at an inner-city school about education, professions, and more. I finished all my blogs last night and should have had enough time to spend two hours or so putting the show together. Well, I was stuck in a traffic jam on my way back to my Kingwood studio.
But you know me. NO EXCUSES. We will have a show. We will wing it together starting with the topics above. You can call in and change or add to the topics.
New York Times: Kansas Constitution Protects Abortion Rights, State Supreme Court Rules. The Kansas Supreme Court on Friday blocked a law that would have banned the most commonly used procedure for second-trimester abortions, arguing that the state Constitution protected the right of women to “decide whether to continue a pregnancy.” The court sided in a 6-1 majority with the plaintiffs in the case, two physicians who performed the procedure, in a sweeping ruling that opens the door for abortion rights activists to challenge a series of other restrictions that the state’s Republican-controlled Legislature has enacted. The Kansas case comes at a time of great change for abortion in the United States. Republican-controlled legislatures have chipped away at abortion rights, turning the tide in a broad swath of the country’s middle and the South: Six states are down to one abortion clinic. And now, the math on the Supreme Court has changed with President Trump’s choice of Brett M. Kavanaugh last year, and abortion rights advocates are worried that Roe v. Wade, the national 1973 ruling that provided federal protections for abortion, may soon be at risk.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Official swearing-in of Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson at the United States Supreme Court
- Liz Cheney: Republican leaders & elected officials made themselves willing hostages to Trump.
- Lawrence O’Donnell ridicules TX Gov. Abbott for his solution to denying rape victims an abortion.
- Historian: This was a president who led a coup d’é·tat, an insurrection against the people of the USA.
- Two young progressives call out the Democratic establishment’s ineptitude as they demand action.
- Fmr. RNC Chair to Dems: Spine up A GOP House/Senate = No filibuster & Abortion ban nationally.
- Katie Porter is right. SCOTUS ruling is an attack on the economy & freedom. Filibuster must end
- AOC destroys Arkansas Governor: Little to no support for life after birth in Arkansas.
- Democratic politicians better listen to this activist. It’s time for her winning message.
- Here’s a short-term Roe v. Wade overturn solution. Democrats must stop being spineless in the fight!
- Exposed oil scam the corporate oil cartel will hate: Politics Done Right on Muslim Network TV
- Liz Cheney gets real with Right-Wing Trump sycophants President Trump abused your trust
- An activist patriarchal Supreme Court overturned women’s Rights to their own bodies.
- Dems: Stop blaming Latinos for Democratic losses. Reassess before it’s too late.
- LIVE: Documentary Series No Address Atlanta screening and Q&A session
- The wealthy shareholders and investors don’t care about you! Why I checked this listener.
- Stephanie Ruhle implores voters: Ask Republicans for their answer to inflation before a blind vote.
- Oil companies are fraudsters: They make record profits then blame Biden for ripping us off for it.
- Watch Starbucks CEO say he won’t work with unions for incoherent reasons. HUBRIS? My Take.
- There’s an oil glut, not a shortage. High prices are a worldwide fraud by corporations. Here’s why.