Many of us continue to watch the mainstream media with disgust. Can these supposedly educated elitist be this shallow? Can they be more gullible than Trump himself?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
We talk ad nauseam about our media’s dereliction. Is it at all possible that they will change during this election cycle? We constantly get glimmers of hope just to have them dashed. But if these cycles of excellence come with a higher frequency, could they metastasize?
Of course, before we get into the main topic, our regular every-other-Wednesday cohost Tamara Shealey of Tamara for Georgia will be with us.
CommonDreams: To Create System That Puts ‘Patients Ahead of Profits,’ Sanders Unveils Medicare for All Act of 2019. Sen. Bernie Sanders on Wednesday introduced Medicare for All legislation that would virtually eliminate the private insurance industry and provide comprehensive healthcare to every American at a lower overall cost than the current for-profit system. “Today we say to the private health insurance companies, whether they like it or not, the United States will join every other major country on earth and guarantee healthcare to all people as a right,” the Vermont senator and 2020 presidential contender wrote in an email to supporters. “All Americans are entitled to go to the doctor when they’re sick and not go bankrupt after staying in the hospital,” Sanders added. “If we are serious about providing high-quality and affordable healthcare to every man, woman, and child in this country, the only real solution is a Medicare for All, single-payer system that provides healthcare to all Americans.”
In addition to the full 100-page Medicare for All Act of 2019 (pdf) and a summary of the bill (pdf), Sanders’ office also released a detailed explanation (pdf) of potential ways to finance the plan. Sanders pointed to the exorbitant real-world costs of the current for-profit healthcare system when asked about the price-tag of his bill in a CBS interview that aired Wednesday morning. “What’s expensive and what’s unsustainable is the current healthcare system,” Sanders said. “We are spending twice as much per capita as any other nation.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.
- CNN’s Victor Blackwell Nails GOP’s Byron Donalds for his George Santos & Debt Ceiling Hypocrisy.
- Mehdi Hasan exposes that the voter fraud Republicans lie about is themselves looking in a mirror.
- A frank conversation with a white former police officer admitting the job made him more prejudiced.
- Corporations win irrespective of party: Prosecutions for malfeasance down. Unionization down
- GOP Politicians wrap themselves in the flag of patriotism. Progressives like Gov. Wes Moore execute.
- Senator Sinema & Manchin inflame Progressives with a statement on the filibuster in Davos.