Many of us continue to watch the mainstream media with disgust. Can these supposedly educated elitist be this shallow? Can they be more gullible than Trump himself?
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
We talk ad nauseam about our media’s dereliction. Is it at all possible that they will change during this election cycle? We constantly get glimmers of hope just to have them dashed. But if these cycles of excellence come with a higher frequency, could they metastasize?
Of course, before we get into the main topic, our regular every-other-Wednesday cohost Tamara Shealey of Tamara for Georgia will be with us.
CommonDreams: To Create System That Puts ‘Patients Ahead of Profits,’ Sanders Unveils Medicare for All Act of 2019. Sen. Bernie Sanders on Wednesday introduced Medicare for All legislation that would virtually eliminate the private insurance industry and provide comprehensive healthcare to every American at a lower overall cost than the current for-profit system. “Today we say to the private health insurance companies, whether they like it or not, the United States will join every other major country on earth and guarantee healthcare to all people as a right,” the Vermont senator and 2020 presidential contender wrote in an email to supporters. “All Americans are entitled to go to the doctor when they’re sick and not go bankrupt after staying in the hospital,” Sanders added. “If we are serious about providing high-quality and affordable healthcare to every man, woman, and child in this country, the only real solution is a Medicare for All, single-payer system that provides healthcare to all Americans.”
In addition to the full 100-page Medicare for All Act of 2019 (pdf) and a summary of the bill (pdf), Sanders’ office also released a detailed explanation (pdf) of potential ways to finance the plan. Sanders pointed to the exorbitant real-world costs of the current for-profit healthcare system when asked about the price-tag of his bill in a CBS interview that aired Wednesday morning. “What’s expensive and what’s unsustainable is the current healthcare system,” Sanders said. “We are spending twice as much per capita as any other nation.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- U.S. Postal Service more proof the government more efficient than the private sector
- The people create Democracy, if they can against China we can in the U.S.
- NY Times Staff Editor Weiss: Trump will continue to win unless …
- European elections suggest US shouldn’t be complacent in 2020
- Study Linking US Sanctions to Venezuelan Deaths Buried by Reuters for Over a Month
- Here is why farmers and others should share my politics for their survival
- Beyond Meat’s new improved burger hits grocery store shelves – Vox
- Japan Facing Nightmare Scenario of Longer Lives, Low Unemployment, Less Crowding
- The President is Disrupting the U.S. Economy
- Media’s complicity with Trump continues: Acts of resistance are ignored