Democrats once again allowed Right Wingers to smear Ilhan Omar – At least I have one bold Democratic story as he leaned into Medicare for All and dared GOP socialism attack.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Once again Ilhan Omar is under attack. And it is clear that timid Democrats instead of coming to her aid, put their tails between their legs and condemned statements that were correct and needed no condemnation. Shame on them. If one listened to her speech, it is one any person of color who for centuries have either been persecuted, could have recited. This is a country where all but one group are always made to be concerned about what someone of their group has done. It is an unfair burden and calling it out as Omar did was exceptional.
Sadly, today the media continues Trump’s manufactured lead that the government spied on him. Sadly, like usual they are all covering this baseless story sucking up time that could be used on substantive issues.
We also discuss a mainstream Democratic operative on TV leaning into Medicare for all and daring Republicans on the socialism issue.
Independent: Mike Pence and Pete Buttigieg feud intensifies as vice president says 2020 candidate ‘knows better’ than to attack him. Mike Pence has addressed his experiences working with Pete Buttigieg after the Indiana mayor spoke about his faith and sexuality in a speech that went viral over the weekend. They mayor, who is exploring a 2020 presidential run against Donald Trump, drew attention at the Victory Fund Brunch when he suggested the vice president’s anti-LGBTQ+ agenda during his time as governor of Indiana went against his strict Catholic faith. “My marriage to Chasten has made me a better man and yes, Mr. Vice President, it has moved me closer to God,” he said. “And that’s the thing I wish the Mike Pence’s of the world could understand, that if you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator.”
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- And the Conservative Republican I fronted now started a conversation with this Progressive
- On Tamara for Georgia: Forget the Mueller Report & understand the people’s yawn.
- Media outlets Trump denounces promotes his anti-immigrant narratives
- Is the American Psychological Association Addicted to Militarism and War?
- Do all the Democratic contenders for President in 2020 agree on the need to battle climate change?
- He loves Pete Buttigieg for President but can’t get over dance with his husband at the inauguration
- What Liberals need to understand about Progressives
- Here is why we must forget impeachment and move on even as Mueller Report is terrible news for Trump.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders’ Fox News town hall: a template for a Democrat in the foxhole
- Mueller Report in Searchable Form (OCR’ed)