Elizabeth Warren is going bold as centrists like Klobuchar risk ensuring Americans see no reason to change to an economic path of timidity. Trump is at least giving the semblance of fighting for the middle-class & poor.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
A few weeks ago I had the honor of having Economist and Professor Dr. Richard Wolff on my show. We discussed the differences between Communism, Socialism, Marxism, Feudalism, and Capitalism. Ultimately he validated something I have been stating for some time now; Capitalism is but a somewhat antiseptic and more palatable form of slavery cloaked in a large dosage of an American Democratic facade.
This week this was in clear view as Elizabeth Warren proposed a bold plan to rid most Americans of student debt. In effect, she intended to unshackle millions of Americans. But then a centrist came in and said freeing the slaves was not realistic.
We will discuss who defines what is realistic, what is doable, and what we must do to force it.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & crew, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- GenerAsian Radio, A weekly radio program featuring an eclectic mix of Asian Underground, Bhangra, Bollywood Funk, Hindi,Rai–where ancient sounds meet future beats! Tuesday 4-6 PM
- Really But Not Really, a hip-hop and RnB parody show on Wednesday at 10 PM by Rosemount.
- Border Radio, Best of Americana music featuring Susan Darrow at 4:00 PM.
- Black on Both Sides A public affairs program where they effort to highlight politics and public affairs in line with our individual and collective worldview. Fridays 12 – 2 PM on HD-2.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Trump Effect: A scared cop, a star football player, a waste of resources for being black
- MSNBC Pundit said it: Had we called a thing a thing, there would be no President Trump
- Zerlina Maxwell stopped MSNBC host’s whataboutism & false equivalence in its track
- Trump Effect: White security guard pulls gun on Black uniformed police officer
- Congressional Liberalism – When Nancy Pelosi attacked Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Can we harness bioluminescent light from organisms for everyday lighting & other practical purposes
- The snub I got from Governor Inslee & his team at Netroots Nation #NN19 had to be racial disrespect
- Thom Hartmann: Essentially the Republicans are being pushed out of the Democratic Party.
- My Netroots Nation 2019 Experience: Day 0, the most difficult ever.
- All executives aren’t selfish thoughtless beings but victims of Powell Memo indoctrination