An interview with an anti-Chavismo citizen of Venezuela made me do some thinking. He understands something about Progressives many don’t yet grasp completely. Foreigners have always understood American politics better than Americans.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I was once a foreigner but have always understood the core of American politics, not party based but people base. I was never culturally attached to any party. I did not always vote my interest if I thought that interest negatively affected others. More on that later.
I interviewed a Venezuelan citizen that has been trying to arrange a meeting for some time. He listens to the show but thinks that I have been misled with my Chavismo support. My goal is always to learn, knowing that we can all succumb to well-orchestrated narratives. He did not convince me that I was completely wrong but he did give me issues that I need to research further.
But the most important part of the discussion is something he said that I knew but realize Progressives need to articulate more in our narrative. I have spoken about it before but hearing it from him made me realize how imperative it is. It is amazing that his words mimicked a blog post I wrote for a recent show. I think it is bears repeating so today it is again the blog of the week.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- My heart’s with Bernie but Warren knows to use a dagger with a smile.
- What is so-called “Flying Shame” and what’s the climate connection?
- On the Trump dog whistle and his manifesto destiny – complicit to the core.
- The stories keep coming. It is about life or death! And it is real.
- Impeachment coverage must not stifle Medicare for All & other Progressive issues.
- Fox News Poll: Most Americans now want Donald Trump impeached & removed.
- Why as Danny lost his arm & Bernie’s heart paused, they preached Medicare for All.
- The Donald Trump War On American Children
- Bernie supporter or not, mainstream corporate media playing us all.
- Chuck Todd explodes on Sen. Johnson: Stop trying to make Donald Trump feel better!