An interview with an anti-Chavismo citizen of Venezuela made me do some thinking. He understands something about Progressives many don’t yet grasp completely. Foreigners have always understood American politics better than Americans.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
I was once a foreigner but have always understood the core of American politics, not party based but people base. I was never culturally attached to any party. I did not always vote my interest if I thought that interest negatively affected others. More on that later.
I interviewed a Venezuelan citizen that has been trying to arrange a meeting for some time. He listens to the show but thinks that I have been misled with my Chavismo support. My goal is always to learn, knowing that we can all succumb to well-orchestrated narratives. He did not convince me that I was completely wrong but he did give me issues that I need to research further.
But the most important part of the discussion is something he said that I knew but realize Progressives need to articulate more in our narrative. I have spoken about it before but hearing it from him made me realize how imperative it is. It is amazing that his words mimicked a blog post I wrote for a recent show. I think it is bears repeating so today it is again the blog of the week.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Are Republicans Slow Learners or is something else up with COVID-19
- Joe Biden had a shocking response on Confederate statues I did not expect
- MSNBC host slams incompetence of Trump Admin with a graph
- US, Brazil, Russia are COVID-19 hot spots due to anti-science leaders – Business Insider
- A Black pregnant woman dragged out of her car by a cop and tased on her stomach.
- Black American married to a Black Immigrant on the meaning of going home
- Stupidity spreads in droplets
- An incredulous MSNBC Host calls out a lying Trump GOP hack
- NFL player & friends asked to leave Chipotle ’cause white customer uncomfortable.’
- Chuck Todd scolds Trump’s HHS Sec. for Admin’s face mask message: You did not answer my question!