Daniel Lee made the necessary leap many Progressives must if we are going to become the society we are fighting for. It is more than just activism in the streets.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Change is not linear nor is it singular. In computer terms, activism must overcome the Von-Neumann bottleneck. Today we discuss this among other important issues with my friend, my former Move to Amend colleague and Culver City California Councilman Daniel Lee.
So who is Daniel Lee? In 2018 Daniel Lee became the first African-American Council Member in Culver City California. Daniel has a master’s degree in social welfare from UCLA and is a Doctoral candidate at USC. He credits his grandmother, who participated with Dr. Martin Luther King in the Montgomery bus boycott, for his desire to be of service and his own social justice perspective. He has served on the Culver City Martin Luther King Celebration Committee for 7 years, planning its citywide celebration of the iconic Civil Rights leader.
Much of Mr. Lee’s local effort has been with the youth. A filmmaker and actor, he has volunteered with El Rincon Elementary School students in an “artists and communication” program for 15 years. He also developed a Civil Rights curriculum that he implemented at the Teen Center to increase young people’s understanding of their country’s history.
Daniel Lee has been a key grassroots organizer in Los Angeles’ Move to Amend Los Angeles helping direct a campaign calling for a constitutional amendment to get a resolution through the LA City Council in December 2011. He was asked to join Move to Amend’s national board and has served since 2012. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Backbone Campaign and the Clean Power Alliance.
Following this segment, we will revisit Democratic Socialism after a weekend Facebook post caused an honest and civil debate. I think with the debate throughout the country it is apropos.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- What Liberals need to understand about Progressives
- Here is why we must forget impeachment and move on even as Mueller Report is terrible news for Trump.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders’ Fox News town hall: a template for a Democrat in the foxhole
- Mueller Report in Searchable Form (OCR’ed)
- This Republican realizes Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is very smart & now petrified.
- Bernie Sanders shows why neither the GOP nor the DNC likely wants Democratic Debates on Fox News
- Here is the truth about Medicare for All vs Private Insurance that robs you
- My confrontation with a Republican praising Trump ‘dumping’ asylum seekers on sanctuary cities.
- The most profound words I read on Tiger Woods’ win to date
- The entrepreneurial doctor vs. the hiking retired police officer