Daniel Lee made the necessary leap many Progressives must if we are going to become the society we are fighting for. It is more than just activism in the streets.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
Change is not linear nor is it singular. In computer terms, activism must overcome the Von-Neumann bottleneck. Today we discuss this among other important issues with my friend, my former Move to Amend colleague and Culver City California Councilman Daniel Lee.
So who is Daniel Lee? In 2018 Daniel Lee became the first African-American Council Member in Culver City California. Daniel has a master’s degree in social welfare from UCLA and is a Doctoral candidate at USC. He credits his grandmother, who participated with Dr. Martin Luther King in the Montgomery bus boycott, for his desire to be of service and his own social justice perspective. He has served on the Culver City Martin Luther King Celebration Committee for 7 years, planning its citywide celebration of the iconic Civil Rights leader.
Much of Mr. Lee’s local effort has been with the youth. A filmmaker and actor, he has volunteered with El Rincon Elementary School students in an “artists and communication” program for 15 years. He also developed a Civil Rights curriculum that he implemented at the Teen Center to increase young people’s understanding of their country’s history.
Daniel Lee has been a key grassroots organizer in Los Angeles’ Move to Amend Los Angeles helping direct a campaign calling for a constitutional amendment to get a resolution through the LA City Council in December 2011. He was asked to join Move to Amend’s national board and has served since 2012. He also serves on the Board of Directors for the Backbone Campaign and the Clean Power Alliance.
Following this segment, we will revisit Democratic Socialism after a weekend Facebook post caused an honest and civil debate. I think with the debate throughout the country it is apropos.
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Democratic politicians better listen to this activist. It’s time for her winning message.
- Here’s a short-term Roe v. Wade overturn solution. Democrats must stop being spineless in the fight!
- Exposed oil scam the corporate oil cartel will hate: Politics Done Right on Muslim Network TV
- Liz Cheney gets real with Right-Wing Trump sycophants President Trump abused your trust
- An activist patriarchal Supreme Court overturned women’s Rights to their own bodies.
- Dems: Stop blaming Latinos for Democratic losses. Reassess before it’s too late.
- LIVE: Documentary Series No Address Atlanta screening and Q&A session
- The wealthy shareholders and investors don’t care about you! Why I checked this listener.
- Stephanie Ruhle implores voters: Ask Republicans for their answer to inflation before a blind vote.
- Oil companies are fraudsters: They make record profits then blame Biden for ripping us off for it.
- Watch Starbucks CEO say he won’t work with unions for incoherent reasons. HUBRIS? My Take.
- There’s an oil glut, not a shortage. High prices are a worldwide fraud by corporations. Here’s why.
- Matthew Dowd: Do you really want to turn the country over to One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
- REALLY! Fox News exposed former GOP Rep. Devin Nunes as he lied about Jan 6th ratings.
- Joe Scarborough excoriates Republicans for sticking with Trump as he pointed out their deeds were evil.
- Dr. Eddie Glaude calls out MAGA Republicans for what they are and urges the media to do the same.
- Economist calls out ‘Banana Republicans’ as responsible for much of America’s economic problems.
- Soon, you won’t own your homes. This system is killing home ownership and your future.
- Register Now For “Ask Egberto Anything”
- Lead counsel to Trump impeachment: What Donald Trump should be seeing are handcuffs