Two Parties? But not Democratic or Republican
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
After the show notes:
Visit the SwingTXLeft Website: swingtx7left.org Twitter: @swingtx7left and engage with their events.
11/03/2017 – 2:-3:30 PM Student Voter Initiative(SVI) training: RSVP
11/06/2017 – 4 – 7 PM GOTV block walking opportunity in the 7th Congressional District: INFO
Today we will discuss how the establishment of the political parties is playing us. We will talk about what needs to be done to mitigate this reality. And it starts by infiltrating the parties and really representing Americans.
I want to thank all my listeners for supporting the show. Because of you, Politics Done Right exceeded its goal. That was necessary to complementing other good shows that this time around were not as successful in meeting their goals.
Before we get to the show I want to welcome a guest who is instrumental in ensuring that her piece of Texas elects a Progressive who will support middle-class working and poor Americans.
Rebecca Shukla was born and raised in Chicago. She is a grassroots activist working to turn Texas Congressional District 07 blue and to take as much of Texas with it as possible. She spent her earliest years being passed from lap to lap at Mother’s for Peace anti-Vietnam War rallies. As a teenager, Rebecca spent time at Circle Pines Center a cooperative community with a mission to promote peace, social justice, environmental stewardship and cooperation as a way of life. She attended Lincoln Park High School, Northeastern Illinois University and worked at The Newberry Library before getting married in 1996. She relocated to Houston with her husband and two sons in 1999. Her organizing experience was developed through many years of volunteering in the public schools. Last year after the election this self-described Jewish woman married to an Indian man with two brown sons, a mother-in-law with a green card, and mother that relies on social security and Medicare/Medicaid decided that standing on the sidelines of politics was no longer an option; that it would be unacceptable to look back and say she stood by and did nothing as Americans lost their rights and their freedom and became a nation ruled by a cruel dictatorship. As a pragmatist, she has focused her efforts on registering voters so they can make use of the ballot to effect change through their right to vote while they still have it.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & Marlo Blue, on Mondays at 6:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Tuesdays at 12:00 Noon
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.
- CNN’s Victor Blackwell Nails GOP’s Byron Donalds for his George Santos & Debt Ceiling Hypocrisy.
- Mehdi Hasan exposes that the voter fraud Republicans lie about is themselves looking in a mirror.
- A frank conversation with a white former police officer admitting the job made him more prejudiced.
- Corporations win irrespective of party: Prosecutions for malfeasance down. Unionization down
- GOP Politicians wrap themselves in the flag of patriotism. Progressives like Gov. Wes Moore execute.
- Senator Sinema & Manchin inflame Progressives with a statement on the filibuster in Davos.