Activists must keep the ACA alive
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Donald Trump and his administration have been sabotaging the ACA since coming into office. Of course, Marco Rubio was responsible for past increases as he prematurely killed the risk channels to the insurance companies. Now Trump has reduced ACA advertising by 90% and has cut the navigator budget substantially. He is allowing companies to deny women reproductive services on religious grounds. Trump is about to sign an executive order that will allow insurance companies to sell junk insurance again.
Today we have three special guests that will detail what role activists can play to mitigate the Obamacare sabotage.
Nisha Randle is a Houston activist who was part of the Texas State Coordinating team for the Women’s March on D.C. and the Austin sister march. She is involved in several groups locally including Pantsuit Republic Houston and Indivisible Houston.
Daniel Cohen is the founder of Indivisible Houston and all around Houston activist who was one of the activists instrumental in the successful protest in support of our immigrant brothers and sisters at the Houston Intercontinental Airport a few weeks ago.
Melissa McChesney is a Houston-based independent consultant for the Center for Public Policy Priorities. Melissa has worked extensively in both policy and practice related to outreach and enrollment into the marketplace, Medicaid, and CHIP. Since joining the Center in 2015 she has provided policy analysis, training, and troubleshooting to enrollment assisters across the state of Texas. Prior to joining the Center, she worked as a Senior Policy Analyst for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission on the team that implemented eligibility changes to the Medicaid and CHIP programs required by the ACA.
Remember that we are in fund drive so please call (713)526-5738 or visit kpft.org now to keep our Progressive radio on the air. The Right invest in their sources of misinformation. Please Progressives, invest in sources of real information like KPFT, the DailyKos, and other Liberal sources of information. Let’s liberate America’s minds by removing them from misinformation chains of bondage.
Before I get to the program, I want to remind all our listeners that KPFT is a bastion of intelligent voices and programs. As a political activist, my favorites are
- The Monitor with Mark Bebawi on Mondays at 7:00 PM
- ThinkWing Radio with Mike Honig on Mondays at 9:00 PM
- Partisan Gridlock with Geoff Berg on Fridays at 3:00 PM
- Open Journal with Duane Bradley & Marlo Blue, on Fridays at 5:00 PM
- Jazz Latino, Afro-Cuban Latin Jazz at its very best hosted by Juan Flores on Mondays at 10:00 PM
- The Human Condition at 3 PM followed by The Freeminstrel Show with Don & Dwayne at 4 PM on Fridays on the KPFT HD3 side.
Check out our full schedule at kpft.org where you can find programming from music to politics, to medicine, to the eclectic. KPFT is listener supported public community radio station. So please remember that if you like what you hear, visit kpft.org and ensure we remain a strong, viable community radio station that provides news, programming, and information not influenced by the corporatocracy.
This is KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston Texas. We want to hear your voice. We want to hear #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter @EgbertoWillies. You can listen to the live stream, or listen to the podcast/vlogcast (links at the beginning of post). Folks do remember this is a call-in show. Call me at (713) 526-5738.
But let’s get to the Blog of the Week.
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- McCain nails Trump for Vietnam ‘bone spur’ deferment (VIDEO)
- Two Facebook posts speak to the perversion of Republicanism & Christianity
- Black protester hugs white supremacist & he doesn’t know what to do (VIDEO)
- If Progressives perform the country will respond. Its values are with us (VIDEO)
- America in trouble, Trump’s Chief of Staff John Kelly has become Donald Trump (VIDEO)
- President Obama all but said the Trump administration is doomed to failure (VIDEO)
- Kingwood mom who caused a stir biking her kids to school featured on KHOU (VIDEO)
- Do you want a Progressive America? Vote for Progressives in the primaries.
- Bernie Sanders corners Ted Cruz in CNN debate and Cruz knew it (VIDEO)
- John McCain slams Fox News reporter: Why would you say something that stupid? (VIDEO)
- Houston Mayor Turner slams State Senator Bettencourt for his tax hypocrisy
- Kingwood residents e-attack mom for pulling her kids to school with her bike/cart.
- Why I give racists 2nd, 3rd, and more chances and it’s about sexism
- Journalist all but call Trump a liar to his face about the corporate tax (VIDEO)
- Progressive bloggers and sites I respect that you must read
- Convicted evangelist warns those making fun of him will face the wrath of God (VIDEO)
- Robert Reich schools Trump economist lying about tax cuts & middle-class income (VIDEO)
- Trump insults Mitch McConnell at press conference for taking lobbyists’ money (VIDEO)
- Zeke Emanuel eviscerates Rick Santorum on Trump’s Obamacare sabotage (VIDEO)
- Zeke Emanuel & Rick Santorum go at it over Trump’s Obamacare sabotage (VIDEO)
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)
Copyright 2017 Politics Done Right with Egberto Willies