Listen: 90.1 FM Houston – Call: (713) 526-5738 Live stream: KPFT.org (Entire USA) – Podcasts: Show Date: July 9th, 2015 – 3:00 PM Central
Black Lives Matter’s Patrisse Cullors Speaks
I have been to Netroots Nation in five consecutive years. Netroots Nation is the largest conference of Liberal bloggers, writers, politicians, and organizations in the country. Every year panels are held to educate, strategize, inform, and network. Politicians abound as they seek to enlarge their political footprint.
Netroots Nation has been eventful every single time. We’ve had protest actions in Detroit about water shutoffs and emergency managers, as well as actions in Providence, Minneapolis, San Jose, and beyond. We have had protests and actions to support our immigrant brothers and sisters. We have even challenged presidential candidates vociferously.
Netroots Nation 2015 was different. The passion of the disruption effected by the Black Lives Matter movement led by Patrisse Cullors and other local activists including one from Houston was monumental. It was disruptive. It caught Netroots, Bernie Sanders, and Martin O’Malley off guard. And that was their intent. Their is an existential problem for many of our brothers and sisters of color that for the most part has been ignored and or misunderstood. After that action, the problem is now in the forefront.
What do you think. Let’s talk about it.
Let’s get busy. Give me a call at (713) 526-5738. That is 713-526-KPFT. Remember you can also send me a tweet to @egbertowillies. Let us engage. It is politics done right.
Patrisse Cullors addressing Netroots Nation 2015
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Blog of the week
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Activism works! Listen to Bernie Sanders now (VIDEO)
- President Obama gives nation an important message on Jon Stewart (VIDEO)
- Larry Wilmore: Bill Cosby signaled his bad deeds in his comedy & TV Show (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart ridiculed Donald Trump for attacking John McCain (VIDEO)
- Press Release: #BlackLivesMatter tell why they disrupted Netroots Nation 2015
- Redditer said “CNN made my jaw drop this morning” (VIDEO)
- Bernie Sanders excites crowd in Houston, Texas with his decidedly populist message (VIDEO)
- Martin O’Malley ‘ambushed’ by #BlackLivesMatter at Netroots Nation 2015 (VIDEO)
- Nail salon owner turned political activist and senatorial candidate to save her industry (VIDEO)
- Ron Paul comes out in support of Iran Nuclear Deal (VIDEO)
- President Obama slams reporter for disrespectful question (VIDEO)
- President Obama’s Press Conference on the Nuclear Deal with Iran (VIDEO)
- Fox News fail: San Francisco official refused to play their game (VIDEO)