Call: (713) 526-5738 Live stream: (Entire USA) – Podcasts:
Radio Show Date: March 14th, 2015
Today I will be exploring whether welfare for the rich has the same implications as welfare for the poor. Last night Bill Maher said the following.
“Republicans are right,” Bill Maher said “Not having to work and getting free money does mess people up. That’s why they love to talk about work, the virtue of work, the right to work, workfare, the dignity that comes with work.
In fact there is only one thing conservatives believe in more than work. And that is the God given right of rich people to leave all their money to their kids so they never have to work a day in their lives. …
I mean think about it. Republicans are on board with taxing people’s income, their investments, property, food, gas, booze, cigarettes, everything you buy, even your retirement. Those are all OK. But the one thing that must remain tax free is when money falls from the sky and lands in the lap of [explicative] Hilton. …
If the tough love of cutting off free money for the poor is the right thing to do how can we stand by and do any less for the Conrad Hiltons of the world. They’ve never known the dignity of work either. Shouldn’t we be helping them by taxing inheritance at one hundred percent?”
What do you think. Let’s talk about it.
What are your thoughts? Let’s talk. I will also be following our hash-tag #PoliticsDoneRight on Twitter. Give me a call.
Bill Maher uses conservative tenets against the ‘death tax’
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here.
Please help us build our new Politics Done Right page by LIKEing it now
My Blog Posts Of The Week
- Bill Maher slams GOP for support of welfare for the rich as they attack welfare for the poor (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart exposes Governor Chris Christie for selling out his state’s citizens (VIDEO)
- Ed Schultz – Wall Street profits down yet Wall Street bonuses up (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart’s masterful knitting of America’s racial dilemma (VIDEO)
- Guess which states will get hurt if SCOTUS rules against Obamacare (VIDEO)
- Rachel Maddow points out major newspapers’ scorching editorials slamming the 47 GOP Senators (VIDEO)
- Directly shaped . . . by racial bias by John Young
- Andrea Mitchell willfully chose fluff over journalism (VIDEO)
- Caught on Camera: Oklahoma SAE house mom Beauton Gilbow singing n****r (VIDEO)
- Workers awakening in Texas – United Steelworkers rally at Shell and LyondellBasell Houston HQ (VIDEO)
- Jon Stewart slams CNN and Fox News less than serious Selma coverage (VIDEO)
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: University of Oklahoma Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity chanting ‘Never be a n****r’ (VIDEO)
- Will you see the world through my black eyes for one day? (VIDEO)
- Sen Dianne Feinstein – ‘What Prime Minister Netanyahu did here was something that no ally of the US would have done’ (VIDEO)
- Chuck Todd comes clean on Obamacare and exposes failed Republican governance (VIDEO)
- They only call it Class Warfare when we fight back
My Other Posts At DailyKOS.com
Coffee Party Radio Shows
- Sundays 8:30 AM ET – I take Liberty with my Coffee w/ Bobby Rodrigo (Subscribe iTunes)
- Thursdays 3:00 PM ET – Lunch with Louden w/ J’nene Louden (Subscribe iTunes)
- Saturdays 1:00 PM ET – Politics Done Right w/ Egberto Willies (Subscribe iTunes)