Today: WBAI Julianna Forlano talks Centrists & Progressives, Robin Wilt talks electing women, Barbara Nelson on race, & Najee Richardson on Activism.
You can also find previous episodes on YouTube here
We talk about several topics including electing women, centrists supporting progressives, activism, & racial sensitivity.
Today we will run four more interviews that I performed at Netroots Nation 2019. The idea is that many of the great work these activists and politicians are doing too often go unnoticed by our mainstream media. That is the classic reason why Independent Media is so important. We fill an important space, one that actually changes minds and empowers at the grassroots level.
- Barbara Nelson, California Activist talk racial sensitivity
- Robin Wilt, Executive Director of Woke PAC on electing women
- Julianna Forlano, Host at WBAI & Act.TV talk Democratic Centrists moving left & more
- Najee Richardson, Pennsylvania Student Power Network talks about engaging community
Independent Progressive media need support from Progressives
Free Speech TV, Pacifica Network, and most Independent Progressive outlets are way behind in raising the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. We will discuss why and solutions. That said, please support our GoFundMe here.
DailyKos: Democratic voters now more likely to support a candidate who backs Medicare for All
As Democratic voters have been getting more used to the idea of Medicare for All—and finding out more about it, presumably—it has been growing in popularity in at least one survey. Morning Consult has found that, among Democratic voters, “net support (the share of those who said that attitude would make them more likely to back a candidate minus the share who said they would be less likely) grew from 35 points in January to 52 points in the latest poll.”
When you look at the actual candidates, however, apart from that issue, Joe Biden still leads in national polling, which is causing many to think that the safe, moderate choice is what Democrats need to go with.
But, and it’s a big but, as Daily Kos’ Kerry Eleveld wrote, those national polls don’t tell the whole story. They are certainly not predictive of the outcomes of actual primary caucusing and voting. Looking deeper into the aggregate of polling and the candidates’ approval ratings, there are five candidates still strongly in the mix, and all but Biden and Pete Buttigieg have plans that go beyond adding upon the current system to varying degrees. Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and Kamala Harris all envision Medicare for All, with varying paths for how to get to that end goal.
It turns out that Democratic voters are getting the hang of that, and seem to be getting much more comfortable with it. The primaries aren’t going to be decided on health care alone, nor is the general election, but the narrative that Medicare for All is some crazy, far-out socialist notion is not going to fly with Democratic voters.
Blog of the Week
Support Politics Done Right: Become a Patron.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Watch Obama scorch, Herschel Walker- Georgia, elect Raphael Warnock. Tired is no excuse!
- Irresponsible Senators Ted Cruz & Lindsey Graham puts our military at risk with their vaccine stance.
- Sexist reporter mic-dropped by New Zealand PM at presser between two young female Prime Ministers
- SHAME! Executive & Congress may sacrifice rail workers to further enrich corporate America.
- Adam Kinzinger does not think Kevin McCarthy will last as Speaker of the House.
- We willfully submit ourselves to the new bondage, antiseptic slavery.
- A fed-up Arkansas Governor, Asa Hutchinson, throws Donald Trump under the bus.
- Watch Chuck Todd ding GOP Rep. James Comer with inconvenient facts as he bloviated about crime.
- These ‘STRONG MEN’ are at the heights of Republican hypocrisy amid their ongoing support for Trump.
- Philadelphia DA, Larry Krasner: Democrats have the answer to crime Republican policy fails
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage