Child poverty exploded courtesy of the GOP and Joe Manchin. Neil Aquino discusses the local media normalizing election deniers. Chris Hayes exposes Fox News’ lies on the cause of child poverty.
GOP/Manchin caused child poverty explosion.
Politics Done Right Live weekdays @ 6:00 AM Central
Live Calls: (713)526–5738
- Fox News spins the GOP/Joe Manchin alliance that exploded child poverty as failed Biden policies: The Fox News lying never ends. They blame the explosion in child poverty on Biden policies when it was the GOP/Joe Manchin alliance that did it. [More]
- Neil Aquino from the Houston Democracy Project is here: The Houston Democracy Project works every day to make democracy a top issue in 2023 Houston city politics. This week, we’ll be discussing local media normalizing election deniers & the need to accept the reality of the anti-democratic threats we are facing.
- Census Data Show Poverty Is a Policy Choice: Economic relief measures enacted in response to the pandemic strengthened the U.S. social safety net and made a historic dent on poverty in 2021. New Census Bureau data show that the expiration of these key programs caused a significant increase in poverty last year, with the number of children in poverty more than doubling. Bold policy initiatives such as economic impact/stimulus payments and the expansion of the Child Tax Credit (CTC) helped to shelter millions of people from poverty during a time of social and economic uncertainty at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic. For example, the Census Bureau’s most accurate measure of poverty—the Supplemental Poverty Measure—showed that poverty declined by more than 30% between 2019 and 2021, reaching a historic low of 7.8% in 2021. During the same three-year period, child poverty declined by more than half, reaching a historic low of 5.2% in 2021. Importantly, gains during this period were observed across all racial and ethnic groups. [More]
You can get Politics Done Right Mondays through Fridays on Facebook Live at facebook.com/politicsdoneright or on YouTube Live at youtube.com/egbertowillies/join. Please do not forget to follow me on Twitter for updates. My handle is @EgbertoWillies.
If you like what we do, please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate, much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right.
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Share our blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber via Patreon here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber via Facebook here.
- Consider contributing here.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
Check out my books on our economic fraud, the necessity to engage the other side, and the creation of a real economy that serves us all. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to help us get to 100,000 subscribers. Help us deliver the progressive message widely by joining our YouTube channel.