SCOTUS continues its attack on civil rights. Liz Cheney has a message for both Democrats and Republicans. The facts make it clear that private health insurance should not exist.
The SCOTUS attack on civil rights continues.
Politics Done Right Live weekdays @ 6:00 AM Central
Live Calls: (713)526-5738
Today’s topics covered on Politics Done Right:
- Affirmative Action Strikedown Is Supreme Court’s Latest Attack on Civil Rights: Today, in Students for Fair Admissions, Inc. (SFAI) v. Harvard and SFAI v. University of North Carolina (UNC), the Supreme Court effectively struck down affirmative action in higher education. Written by Chief Justice John Roberts, the decisions hold that both universities’ race-conscious admissions policies violate the 14th Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause. While the majority did not expressly overrule relevant precedent or formally deem all race-conscious policies unconstitutional, the practical effect of the decisions is that race can no longer be a factor in university admissions decisions. The outcomes of today’s cases come after a long, gradual effort by conservative jurists to gut the constitutionality of race-conscious admissions policies. For decades, the conservative legal movement has framed affirmative action as a form of “reverse discrimination.” This distorted framing and the decisions reached by the court today are the product of a carefully crafted color-blind ideology that has dominated American jurisprudence in recent decades—one that equates distinctions made between racial groups for purposes of remediation with those made for purposes of subjugation. As evidenced by the court’s decision to effectively strike down affirmative action, this false equivalence impedes our progress toward racial justice and limits our ability to take meaningful action to address systemic racism. [More]
- Liz Cheney called on Republicans to reject Donald Trump outright as she warns Democrats: Kevin McCarthy gave Trump a small ding. He said it respectfully, but after the attack cauterized from the Right, he started the atonement for his sins against Trump. [More]
- Private health insurance must die. Mathematically, it’s impossible to beat Medicare for All: The facts speak for themselves. Americans have been hoodwinked by private health insurance companies for decades. Here are the realities we must know. [More]
These subjects are the topics of discussion on Politics Done Right today at 6:00 AM Central Time (7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific/5 AM Mountain) on KPFT 90.1 FM Houston and our streaming networks.
Here’s how to contact/watch/listen to us
While I am decidedly Progressive, I believe in engaging, listening, and learning from everyone, irrespective of their political ideology. You will never get disrespected by this program. I believe in civil coexistence.
There are many ways to listen to or watch Politics Done Right live.
- Tune your radio dial to 90.1 FM Houston.
- Stream KPFT 90.1 FM via the Tune-In (Android, Apple) app on your mobile phone.
- Stream KPFT 90.1 FM via our website at kpft.org/listen-live-hd1/.
- Watch live on Facebook at facebook.com/kpfthouston.
- Watch live on YouTube at politicsdoneright.tv.
Please call the show live at (713)526-5738 ext. with your comments. Every comment is appreciated. Please drop me an email at [email protected] with suggestions for future topics on future shows.