Sen Ed Markey submits a bill to revamp SCOTUS. Justice Alito’s exposed as corrupt. Big Pharm consortium sues Biden for negotiating for lower drug prices. We pay for billionaires’ submersible vacation.
The Supreme Court
Politics Done Right Live weekdays @ 6:00 AM Central
Live Calls: (713)526-5738
- Big Pharm consortium sues Biden for negotiating for lower drug prices: Aiming to protect wealthy pharmaceutical companies from any reduction in their tens of billions of dollars in annual profits or lavish CEO compensation packages, the industry’s biggest lobbying group on Wednesday announced a lawsuit against the Biden administration over its policy allowing Medicare to negotiate lower drug prices for consumers. Part of the Inflation Reduction Act that was passed last year, the Medicare negotiation provision has been a key demand of progressives, including Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), for several years, as the United States pays more per person for prescribed drugs than any other country and nearly a third of Americans said in one survey last year that they have avoided taking medications due to costs. [More]
- OceanGate’s submersible disaster search tells 2 stories, one, the rich, & the next, the rest of us: Millions of dollars and hundreds of people are searching for a billionaire who paid north of 250 thousand dollars to OceanGate, a private company operating an experimental submersible for profit. My humanity demands that I wish that these people are found safely. But I also wish the effort governments, we the people, who invest in the rich and billionaires who try their best not to pay the taxes that justify searches like this, would put the same zeal to solve the pain and suffering of others. Imagine if we considered the plight of the poor, the unhoused, and the hungry with the same zest, with the same compassion. We must do better. [More]
- The corruption of Republican-appointed Supreme Court judges continues as Justice Samuel Alito. He took a private jet to vacation with a billionaire who had cases heard by SCOTUS. He did not recuse from the cases. [More]
- Senator Ed Markey has a fix for the Supreme Court with his new legislation: Senator Ed Markey is submitting a bill to expand the Supreme Court to 13 justices. The purpose is to make it more fair and to repair the theft by Republicans. [More]
These subjects are the topics of discussion today on Politics Done Right on KPFT 90.1 FM Houston today at 6:00 AM Central Time (7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific/5 AM Mountain). You can listen to it on air at 90.1 FM in the Houston metropolitan area or at politicsdoneright. tv.
Here’s how to contact/watch/listen to us
While I am decidedly Progressive, I believe in engaging, listening, and learning from everyone, irrespective of their political ideology. You will never get disrespected by this program. I believe in civil coexistence.
There are many ways to listen to or watch Politics Done Right live.
- Tune your radio dial to 90.1 FM Houston.
- Stream KPFT 90.1 FM via the Tune-In (Android, Apple) app on your mobile phone.
- Stream KPFT 90.1 FM via our website at kpft.org/listen-live-hd1/.
- Watch live on Facebook at facebook.com/kpfthouston.
- Watch live on YouTube at politicsdoneright.tv.
Please call the show live at (713)526-5738 ext. with your comments. Every comment is appreciated. Please drop me an email at [email protected] with suggestions for future topics on future shows.