Yvette Simpson, CEO of Democracy for America discussed the structural problems of our Democracy and how the Progressive movement can solve it.
Jeff Reese, President of Houston Peace & Justice Center
Yvette Simpson is a lawyer, MBA, and former Cincinnati City Council President Pro Tempore. She served two terms on the council.
Simpson ran for Cincinnati mayor in 2017. She came up just short. Making lemonade from a lemon, it was a blessing for the Progressive movement.
Yvette served as the Federal Electoral Manager for Democracy for America (DFA) during the second half of 2018 helping to flip control of the US House. It was a historic victory electing, the most progressive and diverse coalition of candidates in America’s history.
In January 2019, Yvette became the first woman to serve as a Chief Executive Officer at DFA as well as the first woman of color in executive leadership. She continues her civic engagement as a member of several boards.
Ms. Simpson visited with Politics Done Right to discuss many topics including the following.
- Structural democracy reform,
- Building progressive power nationwide,
- What it means to be a progressive during the Biden administration
Follow Yvette Simpson on Twitter: @YSimpsonPower
- NEW! How to make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it
- It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom
Please join our YouTube channel to get the numbers up to open up some more features and reach more folks. Gracias!