Ken Rusk discusses certain realities about the jobs our country needs. And many going forward require no medical degree.
Ken Rusk gets blue-collar
There is an avalanche of blue-collar Baby Boomer retirements coming our way, and a dearth of skilled tradespeople to replace them, creating a once-in-a-generation opportunity for so many without a college degree?
Author, entrepreneur, and “million-dollar ditch digger” Ken Rusk’s book Blue Collar Cash: Love Your Work, Secure your Future, and Find Happiness for Life lays out in straightforward and accessible ways a path to success and happiness that doesn’t require a mortarboard and gown.
Student debt is at a record high. White-collar job openings are scarce. Covid-19 has exacerbated a trend of losing blue-collar workers over the past 10 years. With the massive infrastructure bill about to be signed into law, Ken speaks to not only the higher wages that blue-collar work will be offers but the fulfillment and joy inherent in it. Ken began his journey quite literally in the ditches and worked his way up to be the founder of the million-dollar company Rusk Industries. He saw the value in jobs that once were looked down upon but are now so desperate for workers.
Recently, Ken teamed up with Junior Achievement of USA to begin JA’s Blueprint for Success. This program teaches and inspires young people through actionable steps on how to find a career that suits their strengths but may be outside the usual college path. The program will be kicking off this fall in Toledo, Ohio with a nationwide rollout to follow.
Ken brings insight to the following:
- What the infrastructure push means for blue collar workers in the next few years.
- Education Reform: Why we need shop and vocational schools more than ever.
- Why we have a shortage of blue collar workers and what it means for the economy.
- Why college is not a prerequisite for a successful life.
- What are the life skills that blue-collar workers need to be successful?
- NEW! How to make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it
- It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom
Please join our YouTube channel to get the numbers up to open up some more features and reach more folks. Gracias!