Retiring Harris County Democratic Party Chair Lillie Schechter discusses the changes she made to the Democratic Party in Harris County, Texas. She was successful.
Lillie Schechter, Harris County Democratic Party Chair speaks
Lillie Schechter is the retiring Harris County Democratic Party Chair. Texas’ Harris County is a bellwether county and the third-largest county in the country, Los Angeles and Cook County Illinois the only two more populous. Under her reign, Democrats have thrived in winning all major elections but getting out the vote for this reason that Republicans in the Texas State Legislature are attempting to carve out policies that undemocratically depress the votes of the Democratic base in the county.
So here are some of the things accomplished under her adminstration.
- Swept the county winning every down-ballot race.
- Flipped the 1st and 14th Court of Appeals.
- Elected Judge Lina Hidalgo the youngest major county CEO in America.
- Elected Commissioner Adrian Garcia.
- Took control of the Harris County Commissioners Court!
- Strengthened stronghold on Harris County by electing Democrats in every position on the ballot.
- Played a part in taking back the White House.
2018 and 2020 were won because of the hard work and collaboration of the amazing staff, precinct chairs, clubs, volunteers, activists, donors and elected officials that make up our great party infrastructure.
“Over the last 4 years we’ve really revitalized the party, working to professionalize the organization, upgrading our brand with a new logo and website, moving the office to a storefront in the heart of Fifth Ward,” Schechtor said. “Transforming the work environment and staff structure to a year round operation with living wages and healthcare, and deliberately focusing on strengthening our relationships, engaging volunteers, and mobilizing voters in our core communities around the county.”
Here are just a few of our stats from the last 4 years:
- Volunteers: 2,354 volunteers completing over 4,485 volunteer shifts
- Digital Impressions: 6,416,880
- Texts: 1,938,540
- Phone Calls: 1,316,777
- Mail: 1,153,248
- Door Knocks: 208,574
- Trainings: 100+
Over the past 4 years, HCDP raised almost $5 million to support the party staff and the Democratic elected officials and candidates. They’ve hosted events headlined by DNC Chair Jaime Harrison, former Chair Tom Perez, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Secretary Hillary Clinton, and so many more leaders of the Democratic Party.
- NEW! How to make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it
- It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom
Please join our YouTube channel to get the numbers up to open up some more features and reach more folks. Gracias!