|On KPFT 90.1 FM Houston today, I speak to union activist Evette Avery, environmentalist Nan Hildreth, & poverty expert Mark Robert Rank.|
Poverty, environment, unions
Politics Done Right Tuesdays @ 3:00 PM Central
Live Calls: (713)526-5738
- Evette Avery has been working on the most extensive and effective organizing campaign with the IAM to getting union representation for Delta ramp and cargo workers. She has been fighting this for two years. This is why a change is necessary to clarify why workers must seek changes in the laws and not corporate platitudes.
- Nan Hildreth is a former peace activist turned environmentalist. She is a supporter of Kiva and has a special offer for KPFT.
- Mark Robert Rank is currently the Herbert S. Hadley Professor of Social Welfare in the George Warren Brown School of Social Work at Washington University in St. Louis. He is widely recognized as one of the foremost experts on poverty, inequality, and social justice.
KPFT 90.1 FM Houston is in Fund Drive mode. You can support KPFT by contributing at the KPFT Donate site or calling (713)525-5738. Please remember when selecting the dropdown box to choose the program Politics Done Right so that the contribution is tagged to our program.
My Books, "It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors" & “As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom” support (1) communication techniques & (2) our Progressive message delivery.
Please join our YouTube channel to get the numbers up to open up some more features and reach more folks. Gracias!
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Share our blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber via Patreon here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber via Facebook here.
- Consider providing a contribution here.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.