Professor Dr. Richard Wolff did not mince his words about capitalism, COVID, and more with the release of his ebook, The Sickness is the System.
Richard Wolff speaks on our economic sickness
Dr. Richard Wolff has released his book; The Sickness is the System: When Capitalism Fails to Save Us from Pandemics or Itself, in eBook format. We took that opportunity to interview the professor again, albeit in a pandemic that proves many of his points.
Published by Democracy at Work, The Sickness is the System is a unique collection of over 50 essays that collectively argue that “returning to normal” no longer responds adequately to US capitalism’s accumulated problems. The coronavirus pandemic, the deepening economic crash, dangerously divisive political responses, and exploding social tensions have thrown an already declining American capitalist system into a tailspin. What is necessary is to transition toward a new economic system that works for all of us.
Subsequent to the 2020 elections, Americans are looking for answers that explain the past and prepare for a better future. To aid that process, this book is intended to provide a relatable and useful read for anyone interested in understanding the current crisis of US capitalism.
The System is the Sickness answers the following questions:
- Was the 2020 crash caused by COVID-19? Or was it just a trigger to an already unstable system?
- How is the capitalist system unable to prepare for or contain a crisis like a coronavirus pandemic?
- How are our social crises perpetuated, worsened, and used by capitalism?
- Why won’t reforms be enough to cope with our current economic, political, and social crises?
- What are the signs that a system change is already underway?
Check out my books on our economic fraud, the necessity to engage the other side, and the creation of a real economy that serves us all. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to help us get to 100,000 subscribers. Help us deliver the progressive message widely by joining our YouTube channel.