Houston area independent journalist Sam Oser reports on what seems to be uncovered falsified flood maps. This ultimately affects those living in the areas being developed.
Sam Oser exposes a flooding threat
Sam Oser visited us for a purpose. She wanted to expose what she claims are falsified flood maps that ultimately hurt the surrounding poor and working-class dwellings.
Residents Against Flooding (RAF), a local nonprofit, has been investigating local fraudulent flood maps for the last two years. A world-respected hydrologist, Dr. Steven H. Emerman, has provided expert testimony to the federal government verifying RAF’s findings. Emerman reviewed the maps that are currently allowing a 900-home residential community to be constructed on the old Pine Crest Golf Course located at 3080 Gessner Road at Clay Road in Houston.
These falsified maps:
- Make it appear that the property is no longer in the dangerous floodway nor in the 100-year flood plain
- Show the property to be in a much safer flood plain requiring significantly less drainage and detention
RAF recently hired a drone service to capture the reality of what’s on the ground compared to what’s on the revised map. The images don’t match.
Check out the entire interview.
- NEW! How to make America Utopia: Take away the economy from those who rigged it
- It's Worth It: How to Talk To Your Right-Wing Relatives, Friends, and Neighbors
- As I See It: Class Warfare: The Only Resort To Right Wing Doom
Please join our YouTube channel to get the numbers up to open up some more features and reach more folks. Gracias!