Rayshard Brooks would be alive if good versus predatory policing effected. Dr. Paul Van Buskirk, city planner/author opines on defund the police, inner-city, & more.
Cops’ actions more than ever make defund the police movement a must.
There must be a different paradigm that is anathema to hunting people of color and specifically black men. We must change policing as we know it today. If after the daylight assassination of a black man even as the killer-cop knew he was being videoed did not stop the murder by another cop a few days later of another unarmed nonviolent black man, it illustrates an already metastasized cancer. The body is too infected to be made whole. It is time to morph from policing as we know it and instead create a group of bodies that keep all Americans safe.
After we discuss this subject, Dr. Paul Van Buskirk will discuss some relevant issues that touch on these subjects.
There was a big decision on LGBTQ discrimination by the Supreme Court today. I can assure you America’s awakening had something to do with it.
We also discuss many other important issues.
- Battle Covid-19, Not Medicare for All: Doctors Demand Hospital Industry Stop Funding Dark Money Lobby Group
- ‘Just Give People the Money’: Progressives Rip Third Way-Approved Complicated Tax Credit Relief Proposal
- ‘Monstrous Cruelty: As Hunger Soars, Trump USDA Resumes Effort to Take Nutrition Benefits From More Than a Million People
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
Defund the police.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Share our blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
‘Huge Victory for LGBTQ Equality’ as US Supreme Court Affirms Workplace Protections
“The court has caught up to the majority of our country, which already knows that discriminating against LGBTQ people is both unfair and against the law.”
Labor and LGBTQ rights advocates celebrated Monday after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that job discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or identity is prohibited under long-standing federal law.
The ruling, handed down by Trump appointee Justice Neil Gorsuch, is a rebuke to the White House, which argued Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not cover sexual orientation and that “the ordinary meaning of ‘sex’ is biologically make or female.”
The court ruled in a 6-3 decision that the law makes it illegal for employers to discriminate against a worker because of their transgender status and their sexual orientation, in addition to their sex assigned at birth.
“An employer who fired an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex,” wrote Gorsuch. “Those who adopted the Civil Rights Act might not have anticipated their work would lead to this particular result, but the limits of the drafters’ imagination supply no reason to ignore the law’s demands.”
“Only the written word is the law, and all persons are entitled to its benefit,” he added.
Gorsuch and Chief Justice John Roberts, both appointed by Republicans, joined the four liberal-leaning justices on the high court in the ruling.
The ACLU, which represented two plaintiffs in the Supreme Court case, gave credit to the victory to countless LGBTQ Americans who fought over the past five decades for equality in the workplace.
“This is a huge victory for LGBTQ equality,” said James Esseks, director of the ACLU’s LGBTQ & HIV Project. “Over 50 years ago, Black and Brown trans women, drag queens, and butch lesbians fought back against police brutality and discrimination that too many LGBTQ people still face. The Supreme Court’s clarification that it’s unlawful to fire people because they’re LGBTQ is the result of decades of advocates fighting for our rights.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- SHAME! Executive & Congress may sacrifice rail workers to further enrich corporate America.
- Adam Kinzinger does not think Kevin McCarthy will last as Speaker of the House.
- We willfully submit ourselves to the new bondage, antiseptic slavery.
- A fed-up Arkansas Governor, Asa Hutchinson, throws Donald Trump under the bus.
- Watch Chuck Todd ding GOP Rep. James Comer with inconvenient facts as he bloviated about crime.
- These ‘STRONG MEN’ are at the heights of Republican hypocrisy amid their ongoing support for Trump.
- Philadelphia DA, Larry Krasner: Democrats have the answer to crime Republican policy fails
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.
- WOW! Reporter takes down losing MAGA AZ Gov. Candidate Kari Lake with a striking barrage
- EGGS ON HIS FACE! Democratic pundit Karen Finney’s analysis was genius as the smug one looks silly.
- Democratic & GOP pundits & Congressman school Republicans on reasons the Democrats won big.
- The GenZ and Millennial generations saved Democracy in America & here’s the proof.