Rayshard Brooks would be alive if good versus predatory policing effected. Dr. Paul Van Buskirk, city planner/author opines on defund the police, inner-city, & more.
Cops’ actions more than ever make defund the police movement a must.
There must be a different paradigm that is anathema to hunting people of color and specifically black men. We must change policing as we know it today. If after the daylight assassination of a black man even as the killer-cop knew he was being videoed did not stop the murder by another cop a few days later of another unarmed nonviolent black man, it illustrates an already metastasized cancer. The body is too infected to be made whole. It is time to morph from policing as we know it and instead create a group of bodies that keep all Americans safe.
After we discuss this subject, Dr. Paul Van Buskirk will discuss some relevant issues that touch on these subjects.
There was a big decision on LGBTQ discrimination by the Supreme Court today. I can assure you America’s awakening had something to do with it.
We also discuss many other important issues.
- Battle Covid-19, Not Medicare for All: Doctors Demand Hospital Industry Stop Funding Dark Money Lobby Group
- ‘Just Give People the Money’: Progressives Rip Third Way-Approved Complicated Tax Credit Relief Proposal
- ‘Monstrous Cruelty: As Hunger Soars, Trump USDA Resumes Effort to Take Nutrition Benefits From More Than a Million People
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
Defund the police.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Share our blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
‘Huge Victory for LGBTQ Equality’ as US Supreme Court Affirms Workplace Protections
“The court has caught up to the majority of our country, which already knows that discriminating against LGBTQ people is both unfair and against the law.”
Labor and LGBTQ rights advocates celebrated Monday after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that job discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or identity is prohibited under long-standing federal law.
The ruling, handed down by Trump appointee Justice Neil Gorsuch, is a rebuke to the White House, which argued Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not cover sexual orientation and that “the ordinary meaning of ‘sex’ is biologically make or female.”
The court ruled in a 6-3 decision that the law makes it illegal for employers to discriminate against a worker because of their transgender status and their sexual orientation, in addition to their sex assigned at birth.
“An employer who fired an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex,” wrote Gorsuch. “Those who adopted the Civil Rights Act might not have anticipated their work would lead to this particular result, but the limits of the drafters’ imagination supply no reason to ignore the law’s demands.”
“Only the written word is the law, and all persons are entitled to its benefit,” he added.
Gorsuch and Chief Justice John Roberts, both appointed by Republicans, joined the four liberal-leaning justices on the high court in the ruling.
The ACLU, which represented two plaintiffs in the Supreme Court case, gave credit to the victory to countless LGBTQ Americans who fought over the past five decades for equality in the workplace.
“This is a huge victory for LGBTQ equality,” said James Esseks, director of the ACLU’s LGBTQ & HIV Project. “Over 50 years ago, Black and Brown trans women, drag queens, and butch lesbians fought back against police brutality and discrimination that too many LGBTQ people still face. The Supreme Court’s clarification that it’s unlawful to fire people because they’re LGBTQ is the result of decades of advocates fighting for our rights.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- TN Pastor tells congregation COVID Delta variant is a hoax & will throw out anyone wearing masks.
- Mehdi Hasan on GOP select committee dust-up: We do not want perpetrators of Jan 6th on it anyway.
- Pelosi forcefully defended from GOP misinformation on Select Committee by these reporters. WOW!
- Jake Tapper calls out 2 Republicans as liars & says violent insurrection now associated with GOP
- Tiffany Cross calls out Megyn Kelly’s attack on Naomi Osaka and a pattern of attacking Black Women.
- Angry racial-slur-obscenity-shouting Right-Winger called Progressive talk show host. Friends now?
- Ali Velshi urges Dems to disregard media pundits: Wrong then & now! Go hard on Jan 6th investigation
- Fox News’ Doocy’s question proved he’s ignorant of policy & science. Jen Psaki made him pay.
- Cincinnati Mayor: Ohio GOP passed largest Defund The Police ever. It’s Biden funding middle America.
- Rachel Maddow exasperated that the Republican 2024 frontrunner is a criminal surrounded by criminals.
- Liz Cheney supports Pelosi’s removal of Republicans & says McCarthy unqualified to be Speaker
- A disgusted Jen Psaki destroys reporter on vaccine dis-info, in effect, put up your data or shut up
- Rep. Ro Khanna justifiably slams the new billionaire space travel. Let’s end our gullibility!
- Day of Rage: How Trump Supporters Took the U.S. Capitol | Visual Investigations
- Congressman: “Donald Trump is a very dumb man. He could not have done this on his own.” EXACTLY!
- Why the Virgin Galactic “space” flight made me irate
- An inconvenient truth about Republican vs. Democratic legislation. Sen. Tim Kaine is right.
- Did CNN’s Dana Bash scold the Republican Senator? Tell Right-Wing Media to stop the misinformation.
- Democrats leaning into the progressive message. Victory will follow. Slam how-to-pay-for-it message!
- WH Reporter’s SILLY question gets a great answer from Jen Psaki: “The data speaks for itself.”