Young people are in the streets. And they know what they are doing. Durrel K. Douglas is a young activist that we will hear about. But first, a dosage of Trump.
We are at a crossroads and from the Black Lives Matter activist to the Progressive activist young people are making a difference
I peruse my friends’ writing on Facebook often. Durrel K. Douglas’ essays are always informational, instructive, and hard-hitting with civility beyond his years.
But we must start with the president.
We also discuss many other important issues.
- Battle Covid-19, Not Medicare for All: Doctors Demand Hospital Industry Stop Funding Dark Money Lobby Group
- ‘Just Give People the Money’: Progressives Rip Third Way-Approved Complicated Tax Credit Relief Proposal
- ‘Monstrous Cruelty: As Hunger Soars, Trump USDA Resumes Effort to Take Nutrition Benefits From More Than a Million People
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Share our blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Progressives Have Good Chance to Move a ‘Receptive’ Biden to the Left, Says Sanders
“It is not good enough just to elect Joe Biden. We’ve got to continue the movement in this country for transformative change.”
Sen. Bernie Sanders told The New Yorker Tuesday that he believes former Vice President Joe Biden can be pushed to the left on a number of issues if he wins the 2020 general election.
In an interview titled “Bernie Sanders Is Not Done Fighting,” the Vermont independent senator refused to “sugarcoat” his political differences with his former primary opponent, who is now the presumptive Democratic nominee challenging President Donald Trump in November. During the 2020 primary debates, Biden claimed Sanders’ plan to expand Medicare to all Americans was not “realistic” and said the country is “not looking for a revolution” weeks before the coronavirus pandemic revealed the economic precarity in which millions of people live in the United States.
However, Sanders expressed hope that the joint task forces created by his and Biden’s campaigns could help push Biden to embrace policies that prioritize the needs of working and marginalized Americans.
Whether Biden does so, Sanders said, will determine whether the former vice president can effect meaningful change during his potential presidency.
“It is not good enough just to elect Joe Biden,” Sanders told the magazine. “We’ve got to continue the movement in this country for transformative change, and to understand that we are way, way, way behind many other industrialized countries in providing for the needs of working families.”
The need for Biden to push a more progressive policy agenda should now be apparent to former skeptics in the midst of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, suggested Sanders. The public health and economic crisis caused by the outbreak has so far pushed more than 16 million Americans off their employer-sponsored health insurance, according to the Economic Policy Institute, and has caused an explosion in demand at food banks across the U.S. as many unemployed people began struggling to afford basic necessities after missing just one or two paychecks.
“What we are seeing right now, the great economic message of today, is that, when you live paycheck to paycheck and you miss a few paychecks, a few weeks of work, your family is suddenly now in economic desperation. Literally. Struggling to put food on the table and pay the rent,” Sanders said. “So we’ve got to rethink.”
“The fight continues for a Medicare for All single-payer program, and that becomes especially obvious when you have seen in recent months millions of people losing their jobs,” the senator added. “So I’m going to continue that fight.”
Sanders said Biden has been “much more receptive to sitting down and talking with me and other progressives than we have seen in the past,” a reference to former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.
“I think it is fair to say that our relationship with Biden is a stronger relationship,” he told The New Yorker.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Gov. Chris Christie slams Trump as a post-2020 election untethered self that’s killing GOP right now.
- Watch Obama scorch, Herschel Walker- Georgia, elect Raphael Warnock. Tired is no excuse!
- Irresponsible Senators Ted Cruz & Lindsey Graham puts our military at risk with their vaccine stance.
- Sexist reporter mic-dropped by New Zealand PM at presser between two young female Prime Ministers
- SHAME! Executive & Congress may sacrifice rail workers to further enrich corporate America.
- Adam Kinzinger does not think Kevin McCarthy will last as Speaker of the House.
- We willfully submit ourselves to the new bondage, antiseptic slavery.
- A fed-up Arkansas Governor, Asa Hutchinson, throws Donald Trump under the bus.
- Watch Chuck Todd ding GOP Rep. James Comer with inconvenient facts as he bloviated about crime.
- These ‘STRONG MEN’ are at the heights of Republican hypocrisy amid their ongoing support for Trump.
- Philadelphia DA, Larry Krasner: Democrats have the answer to crime Republican policy fails
- Are you tired of being ripped off by Drug Companies? This is how we clip the wings of Big Pharma.
- Former Conservative Republican Steve Schmidt gets real about America, a necessary move to live up to our rhetoric.
- These exemplary women’s wins prove grassroots can beat money if there is democracy.
- Chuck Todd’s interview will haunt Mike Pence: Constitutional Rights for the unborn & forced births
- Host to Justice Thomas on marriage laws from the bench: There’re better ways to divorce your wife (FUNNY)
- Progressives are vilified as extreme. I am proud to be extreme.
- Billionaires are PARASITES: My caller disagreed with my characterization & then agreed at the end.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will not seek leadership in the next Congress
- Philanthropy by the mega-rich is anti-democratic. $100 million donation from Jeff Bezos explains it.