Two white men think jogger is suspect, kill him, no arrest, and walk. Former Congressman Alan Grayson has much to say about Trump and progressive values.
Alan Grayson is back. He is still the progressive fighter we always knew.
I interviewed Alan Grayson on multiple issues. His love for the president remains nonexistent as he shows a disdain unlike any other.
It is clear that America continues to devalue the lives of people of color especially black men. That a black man jogging minding his own business is once again confronted by white men who believe he is suspicious and takes the law into their command and commit murder says much. And of course even though at the other side of the gun too often is an innocent black man, society sets the murderers free.
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Trump Grants Big Oil Lobby Association’s Bailout Wish.
- 100+ economists want Pelosi to boost relief for workers.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- Covid-19 deaths likely much higher than the reported numbers.
- Mitch McConnell wants states to go bankrupt as opposed to giving them support. But of course, he never minded bailing out corporations.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
Alan Grayson is back.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Support Progressive Independent Media
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right. Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level. Please consider supporting our GoFundMe here.
Trump’s actions are a war on seniors. He is insisting on threatening Social Security on which most seniors rely for their food, medicine, and other basic necessities.
Trump’s actions are a war on seniors. He is insisting on threatening Social Security on which most seniors rely for their food, medicine, and other basic necessities.”
Grassroots advocacy groups representing millions of retirees and seniors across the United States are speaking out against and urging Congress to oppose President Donald Trump’s threat to block desperately needed Covid-19 relief legislation if it does not slash the payroll tax, which funds Social Security and Medicare.
“It is outrageous, callous, and cruel for President Trump to hold the American people, and seniors in particular, hostage if Congress doesn’t go along with his plan to gut Social Security for current and future retirees,” said Richard Fiesta, executive director of the Alliance for Retired Americans, an organization with over four million members nationwide.
“The president’s plan is also bad economics. Social Security puts more than $800 billion into the economy each year. Destabilizing the system when we are in the middle of an economic downtown is exactly the opposite of what we need to do,” Fiesta added. “The 4.4 million members of the Alliance for Retired Americans call on all members of Congress to refuse to make such a deal. We will fight this attempt to gut Social Security and in November we will remember who was willing to defend and protect our earned benefits.”
During a Fox News town hall Sunday night, Trump said he would oppose any additional coronavirus stimulus package that does not include his long-desired payroll tax cut, which would provide zero direct relief to the more than 30 million Americans who have lost their jobs over the past six weeks. The president suggested at a press briefing last month that the tax cut should be permanent.
“We’re not doing anything unless we get a payroll tax cut,” Trump said Sunday, just days after vowing to protect Social Security and Medicare.
Max Richtman, president and CEO of the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare, said in a statement Monday that Trump’s remarks “set off alarm bells for America’s seniors and their advocates.”
“Make no mistake: by pushing to cut off the program’s funding stream, President Trump is taking the first step toward dismantling Social Security,” said Richtman. “The president’s campaign to eliminate payroll taxes is a violation of his patently false promises to seniors ‘not to touch’ Social Security. This proposal goes way beyond ‘touching.’ Choking off Social Security’s funding stream is an existential threat to seniors’ earned benefits.”
The multi-trillion-dollar CARES Act, which President Donald Trump signed into law in late March, contains a provision allowing employers to delay payment of the payroll tax for at least the duration of 2020.
Advocates warned at the time that the provision, which replaces payroll tax revenue with general revenue, represents a fundamental threat to Social Security’s long-term financial health. Nancy Altman, president of advocacy group Social Security Works, predicted that Republicans will “undoubtedly use the general revenue to demand cuts to Social Security in the name of ‘reining in entitlements.'”
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), a proponent of Social Security cuts, hinted in that direction last month, declaring that “the future of our country in terms of the amount of debt that we’re adding up is a matter of genuine concern.”
In a statement on Monday, Altman said the president’s relentless push for a payroll tax cut shows “how desperately Trump and the right-wing ideologues surrounding him want to defund Social Security, so they have an excuse down the road to demand cuts to our earned benefits.”
“Trump’s actions are a war on seniors,” said Altman. “He wants to open up the economy, even though Covid-19 is disproportionately costing seniors their lives. Now he is insisting on threatening Social Security on which most seniors rely for their food, medicine, and other basic necessities. Members of Congress, particularly House Democrats, need to stand strong and call Trump’s bluff.”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Here is proof that MAGA and the GOP do not believe in democracy. Believe what they’re telling you.
- CA Gov Gavin Newsom shows how to tie IVF and women’s reproductive rights around the GOP’s neck.
- Fox News apologized and then all but called Trump a liar after disputing his entire victory speech.
- Airlines raise cost of checking luggage. That’s not inflation. It is the CORPORATE GREED RATE!
- OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS A FAILURE My KPFT Studio Engineer was sent Cologuard unsolicited, A scam
- MSNBC Journalist Katie Phang points out that Trump’s lawyers struck out trying to nail Fani Willis
- Watch Trump at his South Carolina Rally: Lights are so bright I can only see the black ones.
- Charlamagne tha God: Trump’s more sincere about his lies than Biden about his truths.
- Fmr. GOP Rep Charlie Dent: Useful idiot is too gentle a word for Donald Trump on Russia.
- Chuck Todd: Biden must re-educate the public. Why Trump’s presidency was unimpressive and a failure.
- Morning Joe destroys Trump: He diverts out of fear his mental acuity will become the subject.
- Hon. Arthur F. Engoron Decision on Donald Trump. He is fined over $360 Million.
- Are people typically taking into account climate risks when they shop for a new home?
- What are the climate benefits of switching over to a four-day workweek?
- Can you explain the concepts of additionality, permanence and leakage with regard to carbon offsets?
- Has the cruise industry cleaned up its act regarding its environmental footprint in recent years?
- CNN’s Jake Tapper, one of few journalists, clarified it’s Trump with the mental & character flaws.
- Dr. Cornel West’s speech at a Muslim Community fundraising event in Sugar Land, TX.
- Bernie Sanders exposes Big Pharma Execs for the parasitic thugs they are as they extort Americans.
- BILLIONAIRES DID NOT EARN IT! Dispelled that fallacy to a caller who believed that they earned it.