Robby Caban discusses the Hertz CEO leaving the company in shambles as she walked away with $9+ Million and thousands of laid-off employees. She also talks about real estate injustice.
Robby Caban in the manner she always does deconstructs corporate welfare and abuses as well as the legalized fraud that occurs in the real estate markets.
These are stories that must be told over and over again in different ways to ensure it touches the maximum of those affected. Robby Caban is very effective at doing that.
- Battle Covid-19, Not Medicare for All: Doctors Demand Hospital Industry Stop Funding Dark Money Lobby Group
- ‘Just Give People the Money’: Progressives Rip Third Way-Approved Complicated Tax Credit Relief Proposal
- ‘Monstrous Cruelty: As Hunger Soars, Trump USDA Resumes Effort to Take Nutrition Benefits From More Than a Million People
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
Robby Caban exposes two major ills in our economy.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Share our blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
$3,278 ER Visit for Coughing Fits and Fever Amid Covid-19 Pandemic Highlights Failure of For-Profit System
“Congress and insurers have made all of these promises to waive copays for treatment and testing but we’re hearing that’s not always the reality.“
A $3,278 bill that Timothy Regan received after coughing fits and a low-grade fever sent him to a Denver emergency room in early April—as the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the United States continued to climb—garnered national media attention Monday as an example of how much the nation’s for-profit healthcare system is costing Americans, particularly in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
Regan and Kaiser Health News editor-in-chief Elisabeth Rosenthal appeared on “CBS This Morning” to discuss the four-figure bill from Denver Health and the fact that his insurance provider, UnitedHealthcare, initially only covered $1,042, leaving Regan’s family with $2,236 to pay—even though a law passed by Congress requires insurers to fully cover Covid-19 testing and many companies, including UnitedHealthcare, are also waiving treatment costs.
As the segment and a report from KHN explained, UnitedHealthcare’s initial limited coverage resulted from how Denver Health coded Regan’s ER visit. Although Regan was presumed positive for Covid-19 by a doctor, he didn’t receive a nasal swab test for the virus; Denver Health told “CBS This Morning” that it was complying with testing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Regan didn’t qualify.
“The Regans said they initially found no satisfaction in calling the hospital or the insurer to resolve their dispute―but it was the right thing to do,” according to KHN. Ultimately, UnitedHealthcare reviewed the claims at the request of KHN and concluded that Regan’s ER trip should have been coded as related to Covid-19 and covered in full, so “all cost share for that visit has been waived,” a spokesperson for the insurer said.
A Denver father says he was billed thousands of dollars in medical charges after an ER visit for COVID-like symptoms.@KHNews' @RosenthalHealth joins us with the more on the unexpected medical costs related to the #coronavirus. #BillOfTheMonth pic.twitter.com/ubvXyQIz9N— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) May 25, 2020
Despite the insurance company’s ultimate reversal in Regan’s case, “he’s definitely not alone” in being hit with surprise bills related to Covid-19, Sabrina Corlette, a research professor at Georgetown University’s Center on Health Insurance Reforms, told KHN. “The takeaway here is both the provider as well as insurance company are still on a learning curve with respect to this virus and how to bill and pay for it.”
Rosenthal echoed that sentiment in the “CBS This Morning” segment, which noted that the Families First Coronavirus Response Act enacted by Congress in March requires insurers to cover all the costs of diagnosing Covid-19 without imposing any cost-sharing requirements, including deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance—and many private insurers have voluntarily expanded that policy to related treatment.
“Congress and insurers have made all of these promises to waive copays for treatment and testing but we’re hearing that’s not always the reality,” Rosenthal said broadly, before addressing Regan’s visit. “So what happens is, in his case, no one wrote ‘Covid-19’ on the coding, right, so that when the insurer is processing the bill, they don’t see Covid-19 code, so they think, ‘oh, just an ER visit.'”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Moderna COVID Vaccine hike is evil. Why Memphis acted so fast on Nichols’ murder? Neoliberalism.
- Eddie Glaude on why Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene may be smart as a fox.
- A combative Chuck Todd destroys Trump’s lapdog Jim Jordan point by point on investigation charades.
- My important rant on why Medicare Advantage must end. We must enhance Standard Medicare now.
- Elizabeth Warren calls out Republicans’ attempt to cut Social Security/Medicare and hike taxes.
- This is why the Medicare Advantage scam will be difficult but very important to solve.
- The Republican Party is dead. They don’t know it yet. Dowd explains they’re the know-nothing party
- GOP war on women’s reproductive rights: From a national ban to the absurdity equating women to cows
- Biden’s partial Supreme Court neuter. Debt ceiling highlights tax fraud. Another mass shooting.
- WOW! Senator Manchin says that he agrees with Bernie Sanders on Social Security. REALLY!
- Biden White House to work on filling court vacancies to neutralize rogue Supreme Court
- It turns out Joe Biden’s transition team was preparing for a coup from the unpatriotic president.
- Southwest airlines chose profits over employees and infrastructure, a huge private sector failure.
- Big Pharma continues to fail us. We, the people, innovate as they simulate and rip us off.
- CNN’s Victor Blackwell Nails GOP’s Byron Donalds for his George Santos & Debt Ceiling Hypocrisy.
- Mehdi Hasan exposes that the voter fraud Republicans lie about is themselves looking in a mirror.
- A frank conversation with a white former police officer admitting the job made him more prejudiced.
- Corporations win irrespective of party: Prosecutions for malfeasance down. Unionization down
- GOP Politicians wrap themselves in the flag of patriotism. Progressives like Gov. Wes Moore execute.
- Senator Sinema & Manchin inflame Progressives with a statement on the filibuster in Davos.