Call: (646) 716-5812 – “Facebook LIVE” – Live stream: BlogTalkRadio (Entire USA) Radio Show Date: May 25th, 2020
LIKE our Facebook page, SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel and Become a Patron. COVID
Robby Caban discusses the Hertz CEO leaving the company in shambles as she walked away with $9+ Million and thousands of laid-off employees. She also talks about real estate injustice.
Robby Caban in the manner she always does deconstructs corporate welfare and abuses as well as the legalized fraud that occurs in the real estate markets.
These are stories that must be told over and over again in different ways to ensure it touches the maximum of those affected. Robby Caban is very effective at doing that.
- Battle Covid-19, Not Medicare for All: Doctors Demand Hospital Industry Stop Funding Dark Money Lobby Group
- ‘Just Give People the Money’: Progressives Rip Third Way-Approved Complicated Tax Credit Relief Proposal
- ‘Monstrous Cruelty: As Hunger Soars, Trump USDA Resumes Effort to Take Nutrition Benefits From More Than a Million People
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
Robby Caban exposes two major ills in our economy.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Share our blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
Blog of the Week
$3,278 ER Visit for Coughing Fits and Fever Amid Covid-19 Pandemic Highlights Failure of For-Profit System
“Congress and insurers have made all of these promises to waive copays for treatment and testing but we’re hearing that’s not always the reality.“
A $3,278 bill that Timothy Regan received after coughing fits and a low-grade fever sent him to a Denver emergency room in early April—as the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the United States continued to climb—garnered national media attention Monday as an example of how much the nation’s for-profit healthcare system is costing Americans, particularly in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
Regan and Kaiser Health News editor-in-chief Elisabeth Rosenthal appeared on “CBS This Morning” to discuss the four-figure bill from Denver Health and the fact that his insurance provider, UnitedHealthcare, initially only covered $1,042, leaving Regan’s family with $2,236 to pay—even though a law passed by Congress requires insurers to fully cover Covid-19 testing and many companies, including UnitedHealthcare, are also waiving treatment costs.
As the segment and a report from KHN explained, UnitedHealthcare’s initial limited coverage resulted from how Denver Health coded Regan’s ER visit. Although Regan was presumed positive for Covid-19 by a doctor, he didn’t receive a nasal swab test for the virus; Denver Health told “CBS This Morning” that it was complying with testing guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Regan didn’t qualify.
“The Regans said they initially found no satisfaction in calling the hospital or the insurer to resolve their dispute―but it was the right thing to do,” according to KHN. Ultimately, UnitedHealthcare reviewed the claims at the request of KHN and concluded that Regan’s ER trip should have been coded as related to Covid-19 and covered in full, so “all cost share for that visit has been waived,” a spokesperson for the insurer said.
A Denver father says he was billed thousands of dollars in medical charges after an ER visit for COVID-like symptoms.@KHNews' @RosenthalHealth joins us with the more on the unexpected medical costs related to the #coronavirus. #BillOfTheMonth pic.twitter.com/ubvXyQIz9N— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) May 25, 2020
Despite the insurance company’s ultimate reversal in Regan’s case, “he’s definitely not alone” in being hit with surprise bills related to Covid-19, Sabrina Corlette, a research professor at Georgetown University’s Center on Health Insurance Reforms, told KHN. “The takeaway here is both the provider as well as insurance company are still on a learning curve with respect to this virus and how to bill and pay for it.”
Rosenthal echoed that sentiment in the “CBS This Morning” segment, which noted that the Families First Coronavirus Response Act enacted by Congress in March requires insurers to cover all the costs of diagnosing Covid-19 without imposing any cost-sharing requirements, including deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance—and many private insurers have voluntarily expanded that policy to related treatment.
“Congress and insurers have made all of these promises to waive copays for treatment and testing but we’re hearing that’s not always the reality,” Rosenthal said broadly, before addressing Regan’s visit. “So what happens is, in his case, no one wrote ‘Covid-19’ on the coding, right, so that when the insurer is processing the bill, they don’t see Covid-19 code, so they think, ‘oh, just an ER visit.'”
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Rattner deconstructs debt ceiling. Ayman Mohyeldin roasts Christie. A GOP Sen, Kids, & Jesus.
- A candid conversation with a Right-Wing Republican on guns. This is how it starts.
- This is how I convinced many Right Wing Republicans to support Healthcare For All.
- Joy-Ann Reid contrasts Ron DeSantis, the autocrat, with Democratic Minnesota Governor Tim Walz.
- Most of SCOTUS supports business over workers. Conservative ex-cop professor fired over a lie.
- MAGA Republican Freedom Caucus Rep. Bob Good attacks the debt ceiling deal. Biden was the adult!
- The definitive GOP vs Dem comparisons. TX Rep explains Lege attack on Harris Cty. Autocracy!
- I had an epiphany. We should embrace AI. — Ali Velshi checks misinforming former GOP Gov.
- Ali Velshi dismantles former Republican Governor. Why do corporations and not people get the breaks?
- Republican Budget chair discussing debt ceiling shows evil can come in a meek, soft-spoken package.
- Minnesota Progressive miraculous and Texas lousy legislative sessions. Pedro Silva on polarization.
- TX Activist challenges anti-trans Dem. Paxton impeached! So what? Wallace & Glaude on GOP freedom.
- MSNBC Host & Fmr. Republican: GOP is done approximating anything resembling freedom, Gloude concurs.
- Rep Hakeem Jeffries points slammed GOP as unpatriotic in dealing with the debt ceiling.
- The 11-year-old black kid who called 911 and was shot by a Mississippi cop is my fear and that of many.black kid
- Moms Demand Action presented a moving Memorial for Uvalde in Kingwood, Texas.
- Chris Hayes exposes why Republicans holding America hostage with the debt ceiling is a farce.
- TX AG Paxton to be impeached. 11-year-old shot by a cop. Chris Hayes exposes Debt Ceiling fraud.
- Moms Demand Action memorializes Uvalde. KAD President on TX Lege failure. GOP tanking economy
- We blow up the tax cuts myth & debt ceiling lies parroted by Freedom Caucus member Bob Good.