The synchronicity of two events that involve race & police in two distinct ways are troubling. Top Obama economist predicts economic comeback that could boost Trump.
One would think the police are under scrutiny. Instead, it is just a semblance thereof.
The two specific incidents we cover today illustrate that in America there are too many who value the lives of others with disdain or from a position of disgust. This is not only the police but the population at large.
Jason Furman, former President Obama’s senior economist is misunderstood. Many believe he is saying that the Trump economy will rocket back. That is not what he is saying at all.
- Battle Covid-19, Not Medicare for All: Doctors Demand Hospital Industry Stop Funding Dark Money Lobby Group
- ‘Just Give People the Money’: Progressives Rip Third Way-Approved Complicated Tax Credit Relief Proposal
- ‘Monstrous Cruelty: As Hunger Soars, Trump USDA Resumes Effort to Take Nutrition Benefits From More Than a Million People
- McConnell says liability protections for businesses are a requirement; Pelosi and Democrats say no. And there’s no sign of compromise.
- Millions would forego COVID-19 treatment over cost.
- “Who Cares? Let ‘Em Get Wiped Out”: Stunning CNBC Anchor, Venture Capitalist Says Let Hedge Funds Fail and Save Main Street
Some have reason to fear the police.
We need Medicare for All
I want your stories. Have you had issues with your healthcare coverage? Have you had billing issues? Did you feel like your insurance company was trying to pull one over on you? I am interested in every story you have with regards to healthcare. Drop me a line at info[@]politicsdoneright.com. Let’s make Medicare For All a reality.
If you like what we do please do the following!
Most Independent Progressive outlets continue to struggle to raise the funds they need to operate much like the smaller outlets like Politics Done Right
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel here.
- LIKE our Facebook Page here.
- Share our blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Become a Politics Done Right Subscriber here.
- Please subscribe even at the $1.99 or $4.99 level.
- Please consider supporting our GoFundMe equipment fund here.
- Or consider providing a contribution here.
If this isn’t murder-by-police then I really don’t know what is.
If anyone wonders why I have been saying for some time I avoid the police as much as possible, this is classic. These officers know they are being watched but they know in America some lives don’t matter. There are generally no consequences for going just too far.
That is why it was so upsetting when this week a white woman who falsely accused a black man who asked her to leash her dog of threatening her called 911. She put on a complete act. It could have easily caused the murder-by-cop of another black man.
‘They Killed This Man’: Video Shows Minneapolis Cop Kneeling on Black Man’s Neck as Onlookers Warn He’s Being Crushed to Death | Common Dreams News
Video footage posted to social media Tuesday morning shows a Minneapolis police officer kneeling on the back of a handcuffed black man’s neck as he struggles to breathe and onlookers repeatedly warn the cop he is crushing the man to death.
The Minneapolis Police Department said in a statement Monday night that the man—who was identified Tuesday as George Floyd—died of an unspecified “medical incident” shortly after being transported to a local hospital, but eye-witnesses described the incident as outright murder.
“It is sickening to watch this black man be killed while helplessly begging for help. Black lives matter isn’t just a chant, it’s call for justice. It’s a call for our humanity to be recognized. This must stop.”
—Rep. Ilhan Omar
“The police killed him, bro, right in front of everybody,” said Darnella Frazier, who filmed the incident and posted a 10-minute clip on Facebook. “He was crying, telling them like, ‘I can’t breathe,’ and everything. They did not care… They killed this man.”
Floyd repeatedly says in the video that he cannot breathe as an officer keeps one knee on the back of his neck, forcing the victim to remain sprawled out face-first on the asphalt. The Minneapolis Police Department said the officers were responding to a “forgery in progress” and claimed Floyd “physically resisted officers.”
“He’s talking, he’s fine,” one of the officers on the scene says as bystanders plead in the video with the other cop to take his knee off Floyd’s neck.
“You’re fucking stopping his breathing there, bro,” replies one witness. Floyd eventually lost consciousness, but the officer continued kneeling on his neck until an ambulance arrived minutes later.
Read My Current Blog Posts
- Steve Schmidt: Republicans to tell Trump You are Fired
- Joe Biden scorches Trump in the most effective manner
- But Why Is America Exceptional?
- POWERFUL: The Lincoln Project slams GOP Senators for being Trump’s allies in destroying America.
- Epic New York Times columnist freak-out on Trump’s dereliction on COVID-19 & more
- GOP Spokeswoman Liz Harrington attack on Biden shows GOP believes women not equal to men
- Colorado white woman follows a black man in her neighborhood: Get out of here!
- Mother takes 17-year-old daughter to church ‘COVID Party.’ Teen is now dead.
- The Lincoln Project exposes in detail Trump’s catastrophic job policies
- Judge Lina Hidalgo puts Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on the spot for COVID-19 response